3 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes
5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Some of these have to be fake.

Imagine actually being serious and trying to write this to send to an ex in the hopes and it’ll stoke the fires of a dead love

3 Likes

:joy:

In fairness, he told Netflix that he’d make an Oscar worthy film in Uncut Gems if they let him do more of his shit comedies with his mates and Uncut Gems was certainly creative and innovative from a filmmaking standpoint.

Don’t think I’ve ever been so stressed or uncomfortable watching a film in the comfort of my own home haha

3 Likes

I knew someone would say “Uncut Gems”

It just doesn’t negate the years and years he spent churning out utter shit haha

Also, him getting to make Uncut Gems isn’t an example of capitalism rewarding creative innovation, if anything its capitalism rewarding his lack of creative innovation over many years by letting him make that film off the back of loads of utter shit.

1 Like

Capitalism rewards creative innovation

1 Like

Are there any movie sponsored by the streaming sites that has not been utter shit?

Yeah he definitely got lazy but he is where he is because of his earlier filmography that was great and wildly popular because it was so different.

Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, The Waterboy, Wedding Singer etc. were all hilarious and wildly popular. Great comedies.

Then there’s other dramatic films like Punch Drunk Love, Reign Over Me, Meyerwitz Stories, Uncut Gems, even Click, that prove he very much has top dramatic acting chops.

I think he’s earned the right to make shit films that are basically holidays for his mates given his filmography - the quality of his good films still outweigh his bad imo

Plenty of other actors out there that tweet applies to more than Sandler, I just think a lot of people have forgotten how good his good movies were and how many of them there actually are.

3 Likes

The tweet doesn’t make sense but it does make me feel sad how many films and TV shows that would have been hits never made because they were never greenlight due to a lack of commercial viability

Little Nicky and Big Daddy are not great comedies, they’re entirely derivative.

Little Nicky is actually an appalling film lol, are you for real?

I like genuinely quite like a few of his early comedies, but let’s be real, in most of them he just plays basically the same manchild with out of control anger issues lol

Let’s just leave it here, we clearly have very different views on the quality of his career. I also don’t want to deconstruct a simple meme more than we already have haha

Also, you liked that meme, and clearly completely disagree with it lol. A like from you is genuinely worth nothing :joy:

I liked it initially because I thought it was true, but then I went and looked at his IMDB and realised how many of his films I really enjoyed and realised I disagreed but by then it was too late to take back my like :joy:

I really hate that I can’t take back a like

1 Like

You can but its a time limit on it

Try it on this post