The Cooking Thread

Was going to say they looked like a veg-type of sausage haha. Richmond ‘meat’ sausages are horrendous but are ironically pretty good as a sausage sandwich I think. I normally buy sausages from Tesco but have recently found out that we have a small family butchers tucked away around the corner from where I live, so I’ll be paying them a visit after the lockdown lifts.

Haven’t had toad in the hole for a very long time, need to make one now.

2 Likes

Tesco’s standard range of pork sausages are fucking BANGING. No idea why but the last few months I’ve basically been binging them a couple times a week.

1 Like

Lincolnshire Sausages from The Ginger Pig on Loughton High Street is the one if anyone is in that neck of the woods :ok_hand:

1 Like

Looks sexy and I was with you, until

Chinese 5 spice

:face_vomiting:

Never have I tasted anything more revolting in my life.

1 Like

Cooked up a bit of a feast for a friends Zoom birthday party where we all ate food from the menu of her favourite Italian restaurant that we cooked ourselves.

First: burrata with strawberries, rocket, Parma ham, pine nuts, salt and pepper and olive oil - very easy to prepare and no cooking needed:

Followed up by spaghetti in a butter and garlic sauce topped up with some black truffle and olive oil with breaded veal on the side:

More food than I’ve eaten in weeks tbh, felt a bit sick but it was delicious

15 Likes

Awesome man. That looks better than most Italian restaurants I’ve eaten at!

2 Likes

The appetiser was all me but credit goes to my girlfriend on the pasta and the veal!

She used an entire stick of butter to shallow fry the veal in a pan :joy:

1 Like

Turkish eggs for breakfast

Fancied a treat today. It’s actually not as rich as it looks though, the red pepper paste is what gives it the rich red colour

12 Likes

That looks nice what is it?

1 Like

Thanks man! It’s basically eggs cooked in a pan of tomatoes, peppers, spring onions, paprika, cumin, herbs and feta cheese.

5 Likes

Thank you I might have a go making it during the week.

That looks absolutely incredible, proper feast that!

1 Like

Oof, that looks absolutely delicious

1 Like

Feeling like a fat bastard today so it’s three bean chili and nachos

Guac is life

10 Likes

Fantastic choice of beverage my friend!

And assumingly did you make the guac yourself?

1 Like

I didn’t on this occasion, just felt like too much of a ballache to get everything I’d need. Homemade guac is way better though.

Yeah the springtime edition Hells is very nice, very hoppy and crisp/refreshing. Saw the packaging in the shop and instantly grabbed a pack. Six quid for four 330ml cans, taken for the absolute middle class mug that I am. I’m not even mad, feels worth it.

1 Like

Life’s simple pleasures

3 Likes

Great bit of cooking that

4 Likes

Well that’s just an invitation to post the end results. One I will not turn down.

1 Like

What’s with all the sun-dried tomatoes? What is this, 1985?!

(That’ll be lost on most of you uncultured cretins)

1 Like