The Cooking Thread

Quarantine Cooking

Slightly curry-like, coconutty, limey lentil, chickpea and tomato soup. Making use of what’s in the cupboard instead of getting the takeaway I fancied :smile:

Going down rather nicely with the hoppy, pilsner from the Guinness brewers that I got in my Ocado delivery because I’m a froo froo cunt.

4 Likes

How are you doing for food, generally?

Have you stocked up or are the local shops/supermarkets readily available with food?

We’re doing alright, mostly because we tend to keep the cupboards full anyway, so that means having quite a lot of tinned beans, chopped tomatoes and various different grains. I’m by no means well off, but have been able to switch to a local company to delivery fresh fruit and veg rather than having to fuck with the local supermarkets, which makes me luckier than many other people. Have had to pop in for the odd bit in the past week, the local coop was fairly similar to elsewhere from what I can tell. No loo roll, no hand sanitizers, no bread, basically no frozen food at all, very little fruit and veg. Did manage to land a bag of red onions though, lucky me.

Never been gladder to live with my girlfriend, mildly worried about some of my single, male friends and what’s in their cupboards :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah the scare stories you ignore on weekend takeaway can’t be ignored right now can it.:frowning:

When I was single my diet was almost entirely salt and vinegar mccoys and cans of pepsi max. I was the thinnest I’ve ever been though.

1 Like

Agreed, below is a pic of a real pie.

Anything else referred to as a pie without additional stipulation such as “sweet” or “chrsitmas mince” is an untruthful abomination of the use of the word pie and any such person using this terminology in an incorrect way should be placed in prison immediately.

Made some sigara boregi today. It’s meant to be finger food in Turkey but I can’t help myself (had about 10 :ozil:) Mmhmmm.

This and banitsa are godly food for me.

8 Likes

Looks so fucking good that! What did you fill it with?

It’s a soft, salty cheese you can get from a Trukish grocer. A bit like feta.

1 Like

:henry2:

2 Likes

Here’s a recipe for a French-Canadian tourtière. Proper pie, food of the gods.

1 Like

One of my fave starters :drooling_face:

3 Likes

You’d fit in well here in West London with the other posh wankers like me

5 Likes

Fucking finally, genuinely revisited this post again today when the thread got bumped and was disappointed you hadn’t replied. That bit was entirely for you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Spiced paneer, pea, mushroom and courgette grain bowl with mint yoghurt sauce. It’s meant to be spinach rather than mushroom and courgette but working with what I’ve got.

6 Likes

Did you out the rest of the portion into the bowl after you took the photo, Heston Blumenthal?

2 Likes

Filth.

6 Likes

On the right my chicken. Marinated with soy sauce, peri peri, garlic, chinese 5 spice and ginger.

On the left is a potato mix with veg n peppers using my mums Turkish recipe. Extra fucking spicy.

7 Likes

What kind of sausage have you got there buddy?

They’re Richmond vegetarian sausages, as we aren’t really much of a mest easting household at all. Far from an expert on meat sausages, but I understand Richmonds to have a pretty poor rep, but we heard online that their new veggie range was pretty good so gave them a go. And they aren’t bad at all.

1 Like