The Best Premier League Manager of All Time

He also signed the likes of Schmeichel, Cantona, Ince for world record/British record transfer fees for players in their positions before United had even won a title.

Not an even playing field

1 Like

Both…and with the rare exception of Barcelona, Wenger wins…

aaaaggghhhhh another thread has been made for another wenger debate with certain posters :bellerin:

3 Likes

I mean you can spend all the money in the world. 13 titles that is still an incredible feat. If it was so easy because of the money, Pep would be winning non stop too.

3 Likes

Yes Fergie was a shite loser, then got the best youth players in British history, then bought the PL year on year.

And then they needed to resort to kick us off the part despite spending many times more than us

Fergie is good but he’s also massively overrated. Selling Becks saw them go massively backwards for years and the fans wanted him sacked them too

2 Likes

Not at all. Ajax '95 played great football too and won the Champions League. I won’t get you to change your opinion, but Wengerball was a little overrated.

It wasn’t…It didn’t win a lot, certainly in Europe, but as entertaining football goes, I have never seen better…

I remember watching those Arsenal seasons. Henry, Pires, Bergkamp et al. Every game they played it was a spectacle and joy to watch. I agree.

On top of that Highbury brought so much atmosphere. Miss those days

Pity it never translated in European success. But fuck it was fantastic stuff!

1 Like

Bloody hell, I saw George Best and Rodney Marsh play some feckin unbelievable stuff at Fulham…They were shit, but feck me the football was worth watching, certainly most weeks at home…

1 Like

You’ve know you’ve started a good thread when it has 50 replies in an hour :joy:

1 Like

Ajax '95 was an amazing generation of players but they weren’t playing amazing expansive football.

That’s more on 70s Ajax, 90s Barce, and Monaco/Depor/Valencia/Barce and Wengers Arsenal

1 Like

Step 1: Wenger vs X Y Z

Step 2: sit back and eat popcorn :popcorn:

4 Likes

You sir, have lived a good life

2 Likes

Have to have won the CL too be in any argument as an all time great though.
Weng never be in that conversation. That’s just fact.

3 Likes

Imagine picking anyone other than Fergie

4 Likes

As for the money argument regarding Fergie. It’s an easy cop out in my opinion.

This man quit football winning another title with a squad that was not superb. Next season with the same squad Moyes performed shambolic and finished 7th.

And don’t give me the squad aged. They are not all of a sudden all grandpas on the pitch.

The thing with Fergie was that he whipped everyone into performing. Didn’t take shit from star players or anyone. Red nosed cunt was many things, but he was a winner. And a bad loser granted 🤷🏻

3 Likes

What Fergie ultimately done was maximised United’s abilty on and off the field.
He made them the biggest club in the world for a while. Not always the best team but definitely grew the club as a colossus.

2 Likes

13 premier league titles… mind boggling.

3 Likes

As much as I hate those cunts and especially so around the time of the 50th game debacle this is ultimately what also makes Fergie the best.

Whatever it took, he had his teams go out and do it. Didn’t always work out cos sometimes other teams were just better but he was always looking for the edge. Wenger is happy to just let the game develop, Mourinho happy to just play rope a dope and Pep is happy to be a bald fraud. No manager has ever had the killer instinct Fergie did. The red nosed cunt.

3 Likes

Ferguson broke the old firm dominance in Scotland with Aberdeen.

He’s the :sheep:

2 Likes