The Best Premier League Manager of All Time

Absolutely not :rofl:

Even then he’d only have 2 titles.

Ferguson
Pep
Wenger
Jose
Klopp

Don’t get why people are putting Pep in here at the top…Even feckin Arteta looked good with all the oil money ffs…

1 Like

Style of play though. It’s been the highest caliber of football ever seen here at it’s very best.

4 Likes

Good but not even close to Wengerball at it’s best…so, as I say…dunno why he gets so many votes, unless it’s due to money spent…

Wengerball at it’s best gets a bit overrated…his European record underlines that.

3 Likes

This is true, but being Centurions and winning an unprecedented domestic treble.

Furthermore, being a domestic champion wherever he’s gone (fair enough, shouldn’t apply to this argument)

I’d think Pep is closest to usurping Ferguson’s title for best PL manager.

1 Like

P€p, Jo$e, and K£opp all bought their titles. They are nothing compared to a manager like Wenger is pound for pound. Only guy who could compete with Wenger is Fergie and when they had similar squads Wenger shit on Fergies chest. No contest. Wenger da goat :goat:

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s rubbish…
I have been going to the Arsenal since 1974, and I have never, and I mean NEVER seen anybody, with maybe Barcelona being the exception, play such great football as Wenger with his Henry, Pires, Bergkamp team…
Guardiola could only dream of playing such good football…

2 Likes

Get your vote in on the poll bigweng

Poor big wenga is still on zero without you sir

3 Likes

I’ll help him, mate :wink:

But I also can’t help but agree with @Franky4fingers

1 Like

Funnily enough both under achieve in Europe.

Which Barcelona would that be? Guardiola’s 08 - 11 or the Cruijff led Dream Team, which Guardiola was a part of? Just because you haven’t seen better, that doesn’t mean that there wasn’t. Especially in Europe Wengerball had it limitations, since teams were more tactical savvy on the continent. At least in those years.

1 Like

Based on his first 10 years I thought Wenger was better than Ferguson but based on his last 10 (that’s probably harsh maybe last 2-3) years I’m not sure I’d put him above most on the poll list.

Ferguson took a United in the doldrums not dissimilar to what they became after he left and consistently put them in the top 3-4 teams in the world. Prem titles coming out of his ears and some European glory too. Didn’t like him at all but his longevity at the top was unbelievable. Worth noting he won a European trophy with Aberdeen and their tiny fan base.

3 Likes

Arsenal stopped backing Wenger after we left highbury tho, Fergie continually had money to spend and set records buying defenders ect. It’s not really a fair playing field. Anyways Wengers football was so much better than anything United has ever done.

1 Like

This is true, too

1 Like

Fergie was shite before he inherited the best British youth team in history and then invested the most money in PL history, pre-Chelsea. Fergie after many years of shitness was a week or 2 from being sacked.

2 Likes

Can’t go past the Red faced Scot.

The discussion for 2nd is a rather interesting one though.

1 Like

So, if you’re talking about tactical teams, then Mourinho wins hands down…sorry, I thought this conversation was about teams playing better football…That was Arsenal.
Except, and I say again, Barcelona…which years?..who cares, they played great football…But so did Arsenal…

1 Like

Fergie has won as many league titles as we have in our history, it’s a phenomenal achievement.

4 Likes

Are you talking about better football or the football that you thought was more aesthetically pleasing?

1 Like