The Batman

Pushed back to 2022

Here we go

1 Like

Wasnā€™t a trailer for this release yonks ago?

Their was a short trailer out before filming finished and got pushed back to next year. Now filming finished we get a better look at the characters and story.

1 Like

Very dark take on Batman and very different interpretation of Bruce Wayne but Iā€™m excited to see it!

1 Like

Every movie since the George Clooney one has been a progressively darker take on Batman :expressionless:

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with it. I adored the Batman Animated Adventures from the 90s and those were dark too, but they were never brutal.

Rob looks absolutely jacked though. Do we think heā€™s on the juice?

An actor in a Hollywood action movie, I donā€™t even need to see him to say yes.

5 Likes

His back muscles are preposterous. I know they can light him a certain way, but I could do lat pull downs for a thousand years, swim 5k backstroke every week and still never look like that. I cope with that dysmorphia by telling myself theyā€™re all on the diesel.

2 Likes

Yeh itā€™s a really shitty side of the industry in my opinion, lots of teens and young adults see all these dudes juiced to the absolute gills on the cover of menā€™s health and wonder why their extensive diets and training doesnā€™t achieve a fraction of that. Creates such a negative condition for young men. Obviously these celebs do work out hard and eat perfect but itā€™s night and day to what someone can achieve enhanced compared to natural.

Took me way to much of my life to understand that but it just is what it is, fitness is about the mental health for me more than anything. Also I read over some guys discussion that at a certain age a man will have more muscle growth on steroids alone without working out that a natural man who exercises. Not sure if itā€™s true but I could believe it, the roids change the game completely. The Hollywood lifestyle plus roids, forget about it, these guys can achieve in 3-6 months what it takes everyone else a lifetime to even just come close to.

6 Likes

It reminds me of the Arkham Series, Arkham Knight to be particular.

I just think there are far too many reboots of Batman now. Furthermore, just when the previous guise of Batman gets interesting, they drop it and move onto the next (e.g. Christian Bale potentially working alongside Robin, Ben Affleck in the ā€œDarkVerseā€ with Superman as a crazy baddie)

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll watch this one, but I canā€™t see them doing something that hasnā€™t been done before

3 Likes

I work out so I can eat and drink like a pig, and I love it

3 Likes

The Nolan films just got interesting in the third one?!!

The introduction of Robin was one of the least interesting and poorly handled elements of that trilogy imo lol.

The third film was clearly the weakest of the trilogy, not the point where things started to get interesting.

2 Likes

Ok that applies more so to the Ben Affleck ones lol. I agree with you.

The fact that Bane and the Joker didnā€™t die and Robin was introduced could have set up for a kick ass 4th film (particularly as Nolan and Bale havenā€™t done anything as good since then)

1 Like

there was a rumor at the time the movie came out that the original plot of the third film would have included Heath Ledgerā€™s role as the Joker. I honestly believe it and think thatā€™s why the third one, despite some memeworthy lines by Tom Hardy and Ann Hathaway, is kind of weak.

I mean, none of the films really make sense, theyā€™re superheroes movies. Some really great sequences in them though. The bank heist in The Dark Knight is amazing.

1 Like

When I went back and re-watched Nolanā€™s trilogy I really think the first movie is the best and felt the most like a Batman movie.

Nolan as a director has gotten a lot worse for me as time went on too, he used to have more of a vision and now he just feels like he wants to be an insightful Micheal Bay.

6 Likes

Yep. The first one is the best one, it was the most like what a Batman film should be. Neeson was great, Bale was great, Caine was great.

The casting was spot on from Bruce Wayne to Scarecrow. Everything just worked and the film flows so well. Itā€™s very very rewatchable.

I didnā€™t really enjoy the second one and think I preferred film 3.

3 Likes

Yeah it does increasingly seem like he sees himself as an auteur and likes to indulge in more and more out-there projects like Tenet.

Dunkirk was great as well but it feels like heā€™s trying to be more profound. Look at his next film; a biopic about Robert Oppenheimer lol

1 Like

Definitely agree Begins is the best of the three. Iā€™ve also definitely been called insane for saying that before.

2 Likes

I think Rob Pattinson has refused to bulk up but to some extent may have

I was watching this video the other day regarding the same topic.