Tennis

Novax Djokovic

3 Likes

It’s a concern for the Australian open given the top 5 in the Mens game are currently all unvaccinated. Djokovic, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Zverev and Rublev.

I think they’d get Visa’s to enter the country tbh, it’s the Victorian premier here that they won’t get beyond.

Probably be beneficial if the tournament moves abroad or to Sydney unless the players give in, little point hosting a slam in a place that the 5 best players in the world are ineligible.

Nobody has made this joke yet, I can’t believe that you are the very first one.

20 year old Sinner has moved into 8th on this years race, if you qualify for the end of season finals at 20 it’s a fair chance you’re destined for greatness.

It’s a good achievement and he’s very talented but I’m not sure he’s a smart Tennis player.

He bludgeons the ball more than he has to and reels off too many unforced errors, similar to Shapo in that respect who’s now lost his way.

Yeah time will tell and he certainly is aggressive, only just turned 20 though so plenty of time to refine his game.

It seems 7 of the 8 end of season finalists will be 26 >, when’s the last time that’s happened ?

Looks like Sinner will just fall short of the end of season finals after his early defeat in Paris.

1 Like

Bit of a choke job there.

If Norrie wins another match Nadal will be out of the top 10 for the first time since he entered it :open_mouth:

I think because some points hanging around longer due to Covid stuff he’ll be out of the top 10 on this years race if he does, but remains well and truly in the top 10 on the overall rankings.

Personally I think the overall rankings should be based over 24 months and obviously the race standings for the relevant year.

3rd set breaker to decide Djokovic vs Hurkacz

Djokovic with a record breaking 7 year end #1’s

GOAT shit

2 Likes

Yep Djokovic last laugh, huge missed forehand by the pole at 5-5 in the breaker.

Djokovic wins the Paris masters against Medvedev, important win to not allow Medvedev to get some momentum against him.

1 Like

@Aussiegooner

:goat:

1 Like

Love it how Juan Manuel is on that list :rofl:.

As for Djoker everything is stacking favourably for him to be conceded the :goat:, not many if any statistical categories he doesn’t lead now.

You’d expect that 32 % to drop a little as he turns 35 next season and beyond but it’ll still likely hold above Rafa and Fed.

Also gotta be taken into account Nole has won very few of those 86 titles at 250 and 500 events.

1 Like

Medvedev wins a tight 3 setter vs Zverev in the end of season finals tournament.

Tweet something like this :gun:

She’s definitely dead