Tennis

The part where it says “Hello everyone this is” really sold me.

5 Likes

Djokovic and Medvedev unbeaten in the season end finals group stages, a few close calls for Medvedev but Djokovic was near flawless.

If every slam does that it might be about the only think that’ll stop Djokovic from being the undisputed GOAT with most slams to go along with every other record he currently holds.

I don’t think anyone should be forced into having it. And tournaments are better when the best players are there. But I guess if Australia have a rule about not letting unvaccinated people into the country then sports people shouldn’t be treated any differently.

I assume the England cricket team were treated in the same way.

3 Likes

Should boycott China until that tennis player is found

The WTA have already said they will not be playing any events in China until they have proof that Peng Shuai is safe.

2 Likes

Huge win for Zverev to set up a final vs Medvedev.

Wonder if Zverev can avenge his pretty poor loss to Medvedev in Paris ?

1 Like

End of tour finals is a young man’s game now.

Takes so much out of the older guard after a gruelling season to come here and run the gauntlet especially on a fast hard court that allows the likes of Medvedev and Zverev to serve like that.

Credit to Zverev but I forsee another win for Medvedev, he owns him mentally. Unlikely he plays like he did tonight and also the march has probably taken quite a bit out of him.

Amazing year for Djokovic though three slams, four finals and more records broken. Hope he doesn’t sit out the AO.

1 Like

Impressive by Zverev @Darkseid , 2nd end of season finals win in 4 years and took out the best 2 in the world to do it. I reckon he’s edging closer to that maiden slam, just has to get over the mental hurdle in best of 5 matches in the pointy ends of slams.

1 Like

Definitely impressive and that’s the thing with him is that he should be able to play like this or close to it in the slams, like you mentioned his mental seems to be his biggest issue. That and his forehand which can be leaky with errors under big pressure

Didn’t think he’d do it but it’s no small feat to beat Medvedev who’s been a demon on the hard courts this season, great win.

1 Like
1 Like

Peng Shuai is definitely safe and well and under no duress…

Delighted the worlds best will be here.

1 Like

#21 incoming

The Melbourne public will be irate :joy:

Probably will but it’s nothing he isn’t used to.

Vaccinated or not most will be against him as he’s looking to pull away from Federer and Nadal, he’s always been the villain in that story.

1 Like

Djokovic doesn’t have to explain that to anyone, is he questioning the legitamcy of others with exemptions?

He’s not a objective journalist at all.

1 Like

He’s just quoting words though. Sure Djokovic doesn’t have to explain it… if it were true. But the suggestion is probably more that the Australian authorities are making it up to avoid an outcry from the locals who have been treated like criminals for 2 years.