Tennis

Who is that?

Felix Auger-Aliassime or AA as heā€™s known on tour.

As far as potential goes I see him and Shapovalov as the two that may dominate the most when the new gen really take over, thereā€™s so much to their game. AA has had a fairly tough year on your though, still hasnā€™t won a maiden title and was beaten by Dan Evans in the past week during a final.

The win today was a big one for him.

1 Like

Kyrgios coming up with the good old choke job right when required.

I think he needs to become more ā€œboringā€. If that makes sense. I actually really enjoy watching Kyrgios, but heā€™s still never made a SF of a grand slam even though I think he has the tools to do it.

Meanwhile, Djokovic seems to be struggling with injury :smirk:

Play paused and spectators now required to leave, this is crazy haha

Haha yeah, some fans refusing to leave and sitting in their seats booing instead :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve followed Felix since the South American clay court swing in 2019 so I was stoked to see him live tonight @Phoebica.

I wasnā€™t at the Nick game obviously but Thiem is elite and it seems Nick was serving the lights out first 2 sets.

Djoker survives in 5, did he not look 100% ?

He was definitely carrying an injury, during the third set in particular he was getting constant treatment. He managed to power through obviously, but if that game is anything to go by he wonā€™t be winning this thing.

You love to see it.

1 Like

Looks like my boy Felix is going to drop a 2 sets to love lead. 27 year old Russian never played in the main draw of a major before now might make the QF.

Fuck Iā€™ve lost Thiem also who had a nightmare match against Dimitrov.

Felix needs to get over the mental hump, itā€™s like he has practically no bounce-back-abillity. Perhaps he needs to hire a sports psychologist because that side of the game is holding him back big Tim, huge missed opportunity there.

Thiem knocked out in straights with a last set bagle, did not see that one coming. Fair play to Grigor.

1 Like

Novak what a champion, carrying injury and still advances onto the quarter finals with a 4 set win over Milos.

Zverev up against Novak in set one. I think Novak is going above and beyond to emphasise that heā€™s injured now. Heā€™s always been that way.

Has the trainer been signalled yet?

If he has I missed it. And if he hasnā€™t it canā€™t be too far away.

I think if Djok gets broken more than once in set 2 heā€™ll start to consider retiring from this match.

Another day, another Djokovic temper tantrum. Do ball boys have it in their contracts that they may have to sweep up the shrapnel from Djokovicā€™s smashed racket?

Watched the final couple of games and tiebreaker. Looked like a case of Djokovic being better in the bigger moments. That would be my simplistic observation.

No doubting Novakā€™s talent but the drama with him is just too much. Temper tantrums, faking the extent of his injuries, his out bursts towards his box, giving them the death stare, just too much.

2 Likes

How do you know that heā€™s faking injury? Heā€™s clearly carrying something all tournament.

As for tantrums most players do it, smashing a racket is letting out frustration. These players arenā€™t robots.

Same with the stuff with the box, practically all players interact with their box in similar ways so not sure why heā€™s being singled out there either. What standard are you holding him to?

2 Likes

Another day of Novak being a mental giant, making a Grand slam SF at 70 % fitness, absolute champion.

Reckon heā€™s the most mentally tough player in the history of the sport.

4 Likes