Tennis

Find it hard to dispute that tbh. Would be interesting to see how many 1 or 2 set comebacks he’s made overall but specifically GS tournaments.

He’s just so damn unlikeable lol

1 Like

You say two set comebacks…I raise you the two championship points he saved on a Federer service, at fooking Wimbledon.

6 Likes

That was big boy tennis balls to the wall, Federer will regret that to the end.

I think they’re all tough as nails but Fed perhaps not so much now that he’s not been winning too many against Novak and Rafa

Didn’t he do something similar v Fed in a US Open SF? Saved 2 match points, just shrugged his shoulders afterwards, and won the match anf the tournament

1 Like

That was astonishing really, Fed serving for it at 40-15 after only being broken once or twice throughout 5 sets and Nole breaks.

2 Likes

As a Federer fan I have bad memories of that one, how the fuck did he not see that out.

4 Likes

Yeah that one still hurts me when I think about it. Brutal loss.

Djokovic puts you under massive mental pressure. It’s like he thrives off the doubt / fragility in his opponents. Feeds off that shit like a fucking dementor

1 Like

Not faking the injury, faking the extent of it. And I have seen him do that about a million times. When he is struggling in a game, any niggles he is carrying, he will exaggerate it especially when he loses points, gamesmanship basically. Then all of sudden he starts to fight back, like he is overcoming his debilitating injury by just pure mental strength and will to win. Just mind games.

Yes all players do it, but not Rafa and not Federer.

He has won 17 grand slam titles, is arguably one of the greatest the game has seen. I think the standards are different for the likes of him, Nadal and Federer.

1 Like

He’s been doing this his entire career. Players have pulled him up on it in the past too. It’s all mind games with him but he definitely exaggerates the extent of the injuries.

An abdominal injury is not something that you can play through easily your core is absolutely imperative in all sports. You’re generating power and protecting other muscles with a strong core. There is no way this guy had a debilitating abdominal injury and beat one of the best players in the world through sheer grit and mental strength.

1 Like

People can sook all they like, you just have to treat Novak as fully fit and if you can’t beat him that’s your problem.

1 Like

Nadal will be spewing he hasn’t closed this out in straight sets.

Nadal dumped out by Tsitsipas in five after going two sets up lol

Lost his serve in the 5th by reeling off four consecutive unforced errors, crazy.

To be fair to Nadal, this is only the third time in his whole career that he has lost from being two sets up.

Don’t think he wins the Australian Open again tbh

He’s lucky he can count on the French.

1 Like

Monumental effort by Tsitsipas that, he looked absolutely out of ideas after the 2nd set.

Novak about to make another Aus open final, the depth and consistency on his ground strokes is absolutely wild.

As of March 8 he’ll have the most ever weeks at no 1 and when all is said and done I think he’ll go down as the :goat:.

2 Likes

I think he has a good chance of GOAT status but that missed US open may hurt him.

Some of the records he holds are insane.

1 Like

Medvedev looking very good here, what a run of form he has been on.

You fancy him to stop Djokovic?

I reckon it’s a flip of the coin, Medvedev is playing unbelievable and is on some sort of run winning Paris and world tour finals to finish last season. Djokovic is Djokovic though. Could be a classic.

1 Like