Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

Bang average scrub

Grealish had him on skates all game

2 Likes

Called for him to play tonight. Got that one well wrong.

3 Likes

Never looked comfortableā€¦worst player on the pitch. At this level you look for the weakest player and he was streets ahead of the rest in that department.

ezgif-5-d876daa5e7

I think be should keep his place going forward personally, but not for White.

What the hell has happened to this guy? Went from indispensable to looking like he has his feet on backwards in nine months. He was really bad tonight.

1 Like
2 Likes

This guy isnā€™t as good as some Arsenal fans think.

1 Like

Sorryā€¦let me retract back a little. Bernardo Silva was the weakest player in the first half and we didnā€™t do enough to exploit that poor selection choice

1 Like

Neither is our whole defence in general tbh

4 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree the way they self destructed 2nd half tonight when it mattered.

If he was put off by Grealish, maybe he should have just fallen over and expected a foul.

That being said even with that pass if itā€™s falling to anyone other than KdB itā€™s probably not a goal.

he had a bad game, probably the worst Iā€™ve seen him since joining. Heā€™s always been limited but with good defensive fundamentals, yday those werenā€™t there either. Hopefully a one-off, weā€™ll see.

1 Like

We just went bad if not worse vs Liverpool last season.

Something is not right with him. Looks far from the guy who first started for us or the guy who played left back against Liverpool early this season.

5 Likes

He is not exactly TAA smashing whipped balls in.

I can live with him being stiff offensively but his crossing needs to be much much better. Otherwise he just becomes a warm body on the pitch only to give value when we are defending

We simply cannot play him over White. Heā€™s average as fuck

2 Likes

The guyā€™s a back up and it should stay that way, night and day with what White offered with his movement and forward passes.

3 Likes

Looked like someone had sewn his feet on backwards at times. Maybe itā€™s fitness, maybe a lack of flow from not playing but we may have an issue at that position if we need to flesh out the squad for CL matches. Not a huge problem but definitely something to monitor.

2 Likes

Once we conceded that goal after 10 seconds he was never going to be the right man for the job at full back.

He and Tierney are good backup fullbacks not itā€™s a notable downgrade from White and Zinchenko.

1 Like

I thought he was pretty solid when he arrived but lately heā€™s had a few awkward performances. Might be match fitness idno, but probably canā€™t afford many more at this stage of the season.

1 Like