Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

How does this signing help Pepe?

Because the way I see it this does sweet FA for him

1 Like

Interesting that bologna has made him into a right back when typically a lot of bologna just makes someone fat.

8 Likes

Whos this guy!!! Just saw it on facebook, thought it was some random prankā€¦

Good age, letā€™s hope heā€™s half decent at football. :+1:

Mat Ryan went straight to the players remember :joy:

Apparently Romano was saying this guy was one of the best defenders in the Serie A last season

Letā€™s hope we donā€™t break the record for changing the thread title to (Get the Fuck Out) :henry2:

4 Likes

Tomi is definitely more a centre-back from what Iā€™m reading about him. Ben White played a similar role at Brighton so the fit isnā€™t perfect. I donā€™t see White as a LCB and I donā€™t believe theyā€™d be played in a back four as the two centre-backs as neither excels in the air.

Maybe it will look like this in possession?
More likely is that Saka will play on the left and Pepe on the right. Tierney moving further forward as he does.

-------------Leno---------------
ā€”Tomiyasu - White - Gabrielā€”ā€“Tierney
ā€”----Parteyā€”ā€”ā€” Lokonga-----
-Pepe-- -Odegaard----Saka-----
---------ā€”-Auba------------

1 Like

Lmao.

Of course, and we are still giving the manager, who buys and fails miserably to coach them, money to get some more.

As Iā€™ve said several times, we wonā€™t get anywhere buying loads of average defenders.
Just buy top quality and coach them properly.
Weā€™re doing neither.

Itā€™s not.
We havenā€™t scored a goal this season, the missing pieces we need is a proper AM and manager.
Just stop Arteta from buying defenders, he hasnā€™t a got a clue what heā€™s doing.

1 Like

Weā€™ve conceded 9 goals in 3 games and some of the softest goals a team can concede at that. If youā€™re still thinking about an attacking mid after that when we have an abundance of them at the club now anyway I donā€™t know what to tell you. You cannot outscore a team when your defence is liable to let in 2-3 easy goals a game.

We already signed Odegaard permanent, we have Smith-Rowe, we have Saka. We have a proven CF in Aubameyang. We signed a promising young CM in Lokonga. However they are all NON FACTORS while our defence is this poor. Our defending is now the clear leak and priority to fix. Itā€™s simply a crisis back there at the moment.

As for the manager, we all know heā€™s shite but we just have to wait until we get lucky with his departure. Meanwhile we need some fucking good players.

2 Likes

I know nothing about him but if we are planning to play a really defensive RB then we really should be moving toward a 4-3-3.

If this move was paired with something like Elneny out, Aouar in then I can get with that plan.

But if itā€™s just this move I donā€™t see how it solves our right sided issues.

Edit: ha just saw gcmaniacs post in the other thread. Wishful thinking I guess.

1 Like

My son just told me that he is good in FM.:joy::rofl:

10 Likes

So Tomiyasu will be what number CB Arteta has either bought or extended.

Gabriel
Mari
White
Tomiyasu
Luiz (extended)
Holding (new contract)

His talent ID in general is awful but heā€™s got a real issue with CBs.

The fact weā€™re bringing in another guy who plays Whiteā€™s best position is a little weird.

At this point it doesnā€™t matter who we sign, theyā€™re not going to reach anywhere close to their full potential under this coach.

1 Like

Good enough for me

5 Likes

There is a defence than can be used for all of this though. Similar to the defence of the attacking players. The defence being preparations and the managers game plan

We started against Man City with holding Chambers Kola as our cbs. Please tell me how often those particular players have trained in the given role that day. They were fucking horrible but they also had no idea who should be marking who.

Same against Chelsea who should be marking who tierney didnā€™t have a clue neither did xhaka.

These players had one of the best defensive records in the league last year didnā€™t they? Now we got Saliba back spent what is it now 110 mil? On defenders and goalies. Do we look any better as a team? We are throwing money at a problem with no idea how to solve it.

The issue is arteta, kind of like Lampard, has absolutely no idea how to make a team work and has absolutely no idea how to balance defence and attack let alone link it

3 Likes

But if the manager is clueless in the transfer market and canā€™t coach a team to even a basic level of defending, whatā€™s the point of letting him waste more money.

We have lacked a top quality playmaker since Ozil was in top form and we canā€™t score goals from midfield so what does the worst PL manager do?
He buys a midfielder, who was already here last season, who canā€™t score, and expects it to be different.

This is clearly a panic buy from Arteta, who is proving he is totally out of his depth.
Itā€™s absolute madness at this club and I canā€™t believe weā€™re throwing more money away on yet another defender who is unproven at this level.

1 Like