Takehiro Tomiyasu (18)

It’s actually about £16-17m with some adds on worth about £1.8-2m.

The deal is less than £20m for a RB.

He’s been available the entire summer and we wait until deadline day

6 Likes

Thread created in #rumour-mill 2 hours ago and already moved to #the-players. That’s a record.

6 Likes

Extra support for White on the right hand side

I aint complaining - curious to see his level

5 Likes

I saw that when I made my comment, think it’s a lot.

Get in :jp:

3 Likes

Well, Mat Ryan got a players thread with zero rumours at all :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yes and we are getting less than that for Bellerín who is HG and somewhat proven (albeit proven shit lately).

Meanwhile some guy nobody outside of Italy has really heard of and we pay 23m.

He better be good for the price.

The idea is simple, Tierney bombs forward on the left and we revert to a back 3 out of possession with Tomiyasu tucking in as something of a RCB.

It effectively makes us defensively stronger when in possession

5 Likes

Forgot about Ryan :smiley:

Hard to beat that one

If Wenger did this deal everyone would be talking about shirt sales :arteta:

6 Likes

Don’t know much about him, but we needed a RB and nice age profile. I hope he’s good.

I’m just reading about him and that’s basically what he does at Bologna if playing at RB :+1:

tomi

4 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty much how he’ll be used here. As a defensive RB and someone to tuck in at RCB when in possession to stop us being so brutally exposed on the counter.

It’s a sensible signing. I can’t say I’ve seen so much of him that I know him well but he seems solid.

5 Likes

Never heard of this guy, so I’m going off @Phoebica, @SRCJJ @GC-Maniac you guys say he’s good defensively then I’m on board.

4 Likes

I have a soft spot for Japanese players. And he gets the FIFA21 seal of approval. Hope he can improve us!

7 Likes

How many players did we buy that summer after 8-2? 6? we are going a bit slow this time around

Is this the guy Spurs we’re linked with at the beginning of the window?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Expecting an influx of Japanese people signing up on here now we’ve signed one their main players :grin:

3 Likes

Not bad indeed!

4 Likes