Super Mik Arteta

Top 4 club should be expecting at least 4 wins out of those 5.

2 Likes

The second best team who have just drawn with Brighton and lost to West Ham.

If Arteta is so great then how is it that we have had so few convincing wins this season after spending more than almost any other European manager.

How many underwhelming seasons do supporters need to see before they realise he is a total fraud?

4 Likes

And Brighton and West Spam just lost their respectable games. Whats your point?

We are thrashed by Liverpool who couldn’t beat Brighton or BBC West Ham.

I can’t think of many convincing performances this season despite the unbeaten run.

4 Likes

This is what I fucking hate at the moment, like prior to this game people we’re going on about the stats that show how solid we are- most improved, most points in a calendar year and all that bullshit. Now after today all the doom merchants are out showing how fucking woeful we are.

No one has any perspective anymore, we aren’t great, but we aren’t terrible either, we’re a young team in transition, the late Wenger era and the Emery era really made life difficult. Arteta is out here trying to get this young team to function but no one can step back and say yes today wasn’t great, we should have done better but the last 2 months have been solid building blocks. It’s like one extreme or the other, the reality is our squad and recruitment has been in decline for the best part of a decade, no manager is walking into that game today and coming out with the 3 points without some luck.

It’s honestly so exhausting, people are crying for Arteta to be sacked practically after every game, win or lose, if we win we didn’t win well enough, like for fuck sake people need to step back. Even if we do change from Arteta it’s not like people are going to give the next manager any patience or understanding either, it will be the same old one note shite after every game.

8 Likes

Its laugable when posters that has been hiding for months suddently appear from their holes and spread their depressing rat faeces all over this thread. Some people just feed of negativity and “being right”. It was expected but still annoying though.

3 Likes

Perhaps people have seen enough false dawn’s to think Arteta ultimately isn’t the man to take this club forward.

There’s been plenty of positive sentiment for the business that was done in the summer, however, many just don’t believe in this coach.

@LordBendtner : who’s been hiding? You’ve said this more than once, who exactly has resurfaced just to shit on the club?

5 Likes

That’s why I’m judging after the next 5 games as it’ll be a lot better indicator.

This squad absolutely needs to be getting around the 70 point mark which will have you right in the mix for 4th.

I don’t have have unrealistic expectations, I never made idiotic suggestions like we’ll finish above Liverpool. But with United’s turmoil, best of the rest outside the top 3 should be the ambition.

I think it make it’s really hard for the neutral posters too that aren’t fond of antagonism and controversy but want to support the team and the manager. Like you hear how the Emirates has roared this season, this hatred of Mikel is not a fair reflection of your general fan. I’ve noticed a number of members who were in support of Mikel just disappear and it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re made to feel awkward and in the wrong for supporting their club and manager. It’s not a good vibe, I don’t mind it because I quite enjoy being a petulant and antagonistic prick but I do think it’s difficult for general fans who just want to see their team do well. It’s not ideal, and as you say it’s very clear a lot of people only sing when we’re losing, what sort of fucking mentality is that, like seriously, wise up.

2 Likes

Not been hiding, Arteta is shit, always will be…It’s posters who come out and suddenly think he is good at his job, just because he happens to beat teams we SHOULD be beating, they’re the ones that deserves your abuse…Not us realists, ffs…

3 Likes

Where you been bro? Havent seen you in months. Whats your opinion on Mikels fresh trim?

1 Like

Why do we have to disect the game like this way?
“Defending” Pool in the first half worth a praise but then we excused a bad 2nd half.

Overall I did not see a real fight that I expected, especially we were unbeaten for the last 10 games.
We should be, and supposed to build something on that and come out strong and confident against Pool.

We did not.

If not some outstanding saves by Ramsdale, it would be a 5, 6 or 7 goal humiliate defeat.

3 Likes

We all Arteta Out again?

1 Like

Yeah man sorry they fired ur boy Ole today it’s a shame he was really working towards something great since the end of the SAF era and subsequent downturn. Oh my bad this is an Arteta defense post lmaooooo silly me I thought u were talking about Ole :joy::joy::grin::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

You’re a dad. Imagine your children find this on the internet

I’m not even joking man I’ve missed you tickling my balls for the last few weeks. Why you go so quiet when we win, you’re like the only poster I genuinely understand when it comes to Mikel and the club. If it ain’t Wenger you ain’t a fan, in some ways I nearly respect that point of view bro.

It’s the crazy shit like thinking Nuno is hot shit that winds me up. My boy Mikel at least wins trophies. Ole has won what?

The one thing I don’t get with you is that Arteta genuinely believes in Wenger the way you do, what he means for the club, I remember Arteta taking a pay cut just to play for him. It’s like you’ve been radicalized bro, you don’t even really know what you stand for anymore, you just want us to fail.

1 Like

Apparently the “young and inexperience” is new Arteta’s pr campaign keyword.

I remember Arteta taking a pay cut just to play for him.

Because that was his last chance to get into a big club, thought that was so obvious.

1 Like

Young and inexperience shall never be used as an excuse. Had you ever seen Wenger used this term when we used to have a super young core? Nope.

They will leave at first opportunity if they do turn out to be great, keep deluding yourself that they will stick with us for another 5 years.

2 Likes

the sign is already there, people just ignore it.
Even Klopp was telling you it’s not sustainable.

7 Likes

a lot of that though isnt really artetas fault. A lot of the goal scoring issues come from our strikers being utter garbage Auba cares more for sweg than doing his damn job just prats around running around achieving nothing and laca has never been prolific so goals are hard to come by. Midfield odegaard was meant to be the answer but has all of a sudden not turned up so creativity is a struggle as well (would like to see if Patino could make any sort of impact but that would have to be carefully managed). So to put it down just to arteta is a bit harsh.