Super Mik Arteta

Press conference starting any minute

1 Like

I’ve been reluctant to acknowledge it in case it catches on but I’d imagine it’s a reference to Artetas power coming from his hair…

just joined in. Has Arteta said Good Evening in his first speech?

They’re late. Typical.

12 Likes

Eh?

For the record, the board (three fids) being relatively clueless/Arteta being a potentially lazy appointment (quite likely, it’s the best explanation for why a candidate as lame as Emery would be hired in the first place only to be followed by a candidate as hopeful and as obvious as Arteta) and Arteta being a good hire are not mutually exclusive.

Correct. Just cheap.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Getting me hyped

What’s he saying?!

All the right things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He understands the fans concerns about his lack of experience. He says he wouldn’t of taken the job had he not felt he was ready, oh and the big paycheck helped.

3 Likes

People are being a bit facetious and are just having a bit of fun lol

No need to get too annoyed

1 Like

He’s saying he wants the players to get used to doing things differently, that he wants to build a culture of solidarity here between the players, the staff and he wants passion and energy.

Anyone that doesn’t buy into this and doesn’t bring passion they aren’t good enough for this club or this culture.

1 Like

@Phoebica

My jokes are more shit :poldi:

https://twitter.com/AFC_Carys/status/1208069946674204672

@AbouCuellar @Castiel time for h8ers to recognise :giroud2:

1 Like

Definitely staying then Lumberg :slight_smile:

8 Likes

YES YES YES YESSSSSS

We are coming from two completely different mindsets, but I’ll accept your premise for the sake of the discussion. You say the ppl on the board see a lot in him? What exactly has this group of management and board accomplished that would have you trusting in their judgement so faithfully?

For me, to attract a top manager, the board would actually have to have a plan in place and show said manager how he fits in to said plan. Poch and Allegri are in demand managers, they won’t just trip over their balls at the chance to manage Arsenal especially in our current state. So that beckons the question, did we even attempt to attract that profile of football coach? Or did Raul and co offer the job to someone who was going to jump at the offer, someone like Arteta who has never been a head coach in any capacity? Arsenal is still a great job especially with the potential of what the club could become with the proper player investment and coaching, so it shouldn’t be to big of an ask to attract a top proven manager.

To me, I lean to Arsenal being both cheap and lazy in this recruitment process. Cheap for obvious reasons. However the lazy part is much more disconcerting. We know the board are shit at their jobs it’s been proven. What’s the best way to mask that fact? Hire an unknown manager and turn this team into a project so the fans are off their backs to an extent. Imagine if we’d hired Allegri for example, a strong willed accomplished manager. He’d come in and if he saw that the board were rotten I doubt he’d hold his tongue. That would also massively expose the board if we continue to struggle. Going the Arteta route ensures a shield for the shit board. They are going to want the fans to view this as a long term investment and project, which we have no choice really but to back the guy and pray his plan works out. Just as the seat was getting hot they’ve dodged the bullet yet again.

2 Likes

Trying not to be too too obvious lol… .but yes.

1 Like