Steve Bould

I wonder what is his purpose in the team. As he was a good CB, he was supposed to improve our defensive skills, instead our defence has gone completely tits up.

he does nothing and I reckon he will be gone when a new manager comes in…just another gutless yes man! He is in Wenger’s mold he just sits there chewing gum whilst we concede he looks on like a disgruntled chimp but says nothing never gets animated just scowls.

Wenger has a lot of assistants and everyone looks a prat. It’s like you have a company runs by people who don’t know how to do business.

The way we play he probaly only has 2 players to work with while the rest work on the how to lose the ball without getting hurt side of the game…

Failures on both counts…

we all said bould would sort out the defence and give them a bollocking and we would see improvements

well still wait for theses improvements however he cant be blamed for players like gabriel - hes hopeless and BFG is just there for decorations as hes not good enough

When the name Steve Bould is written, it should be prefixed with the words, "what is the point of?’

I saw his debut for us after he signed from Stoke and he was a great player, and part of the best defence in Europe.
But as Wenger’s assistant, I’m not sure what he is getting paid for, apart from keeping Wenger warm on the bench and for him to have someone to talk to.

Bould is just someone who will never challenge Wenger to do better and improve, as Arséne wants to do everything by himself.

This thread is filled with pure conjecture. None of us know his role or what goes on behind closed doors.

So this thread has been started to have a go at a long standing club servant who works hard and in order to do his job properly has to coach in the way his manager tells him to?

I’d be alright with that if that criticism wasn’t based on absolutely nothing but ranting. As it is this thread is about nothing.