Spurs vs Arsenal (PL)

I think the players are benefitting from Arteta building a siege mentality amongst the players and they probably left last night genuinely feeing hard done by.

If we react the way we should react then I think we’ll see this game out

6 Likes

The way City responded to the Madrid embarrassment is a good reference.
You thought that result would kill them but it actually fueled them to wrap up the PL. They’ve been absolutely ruthless since then.

Gotta do the same here and get this over the line now. :muscle:

Is it very likely Everton are safe by the time we play them?

Likely, yes.
Although, it’s Lampard. Reckon he wouldn’t mind ruining the party if it came down to it.

On Lampard, his goal will be for Everton to finish the season as strongly as possible, even if they confirm safety, I don’t think he’ll let them reach holiday mode yet, for the sake of pride at least.

And in terms of ruining our plans, depends on who he wants to ruin more - us or Spurs? Wouldn’t be surprised if he hates them more than us. Overall his background ties are moot anyway, otherwise he would have rolled over for Chelsea.

I don’t know about anyone else here but my sleep was horrible, I only slept about 5 hours and awoke with a headache. Pretty sure this game was to blame. I read online that a few other fans had a similar night :face_with_peeking_eye:

I think as the hours pass, it will be easier to put the result behind us and focus on Newcastle. Very disappointing outcome but based on the game being over as a contest after the first half hour, I was grateful for small mercies such as the score staying at 3-0 and Kane not getting a hattrick.

If we had scored first or even equalised, the atmosphere would have also not been as annoying - too many things worked against us, but we draw a line under it and focus on 6 very achievable points coming up.

2 Likes

Fucking hell Martin…
Too easy man, Jim playing him like fiddle.

I genuinely have no idea why Martin keeps doing that to himself. Don’t care about the money. They literally bring him in so Simon and Jim can rile him up and make a fool of him, every time.
They do the same to Trevor but Trevor is an idiot and a nobody.

I’ve been mulling it over with exactly that in mind!
It’s a bloodbath out there right now.

Exactly why I’m still fuming about the pen.

The red I can really get over because it’s genuinely debatable and I think the game was done anyway. Still pretty fucking soft but Holding gave the ref a chance to send him down the tunnel, he has to take some blame and know that Son is a diving cheating prick.

2 Likes

Better that way that not giving a fuck mate, the fact we’re so pissed off shows the spirit and passion is coming back.

Arsenal losses haven’t really bothered me for the last 3/4 years because I came to expect it. Not anymore, we’re on the way back.

Will they look at the Son elbow on Holding? The kind of thing that you’d see retrospective bans for in the past.

Somebody at Arsenal needs to be sending that video footage to the PL and demanding punishment.

Such an obvious elbow, it’s so stupid that Holding didn’t react. Game goes differently if he grabs his face like Costa or Suarez would. Definite red card.

3 Likes

Also prior to the soft pen going against us, we had nullified them completely. The game plan was working well, our press was causing issues but then one shitty ball into the box leads to a penalty.

Even at that point it was a game we could easily get back into. But the sending off completely ruined the match from a competitive perspective.

Arteta will be reinforcing that message in the days before the Newcastle game. Shake it off and be hungry to get back on track.

1 Like

When’s the last time one of them actually happened. It’s like they just consider now that VAR is in there’s no need.

I dont agree, Arsenal looked pretty toothless as per usual against a half decent opponent and they’d already got on the break several times even before the red. The fact that Holding was having such a torrid time marking Son and was having to basically hack him and hold him to prevent them from getting on the counter attack, tells you all u need to know. We weren’t going to stop them and we were gon a have a tough time scoring. Thoroughly out managed and out played. Sad too cuz our squad is infinitely better.

We literally just beat United, Chelsea and West Ham on the spin who are the direct rivals to us and we did so by scoring 9 goals in the process so I’m not sure how we look toothless

We looked good in the opening 15 minutes minus Holding persistent fouling and brain dead defending. Elneny shielded the defence very well and we looked like a team capable of scoring and causing problems to SPurs

2 Likes

Experienced players love it. Younger players can be overwhelmed by it.

You do know he doesn’t actually watch the games right? :wink:

2 Likes

Beat them like we beat teams at the end of the season last year when Pepe was running rough shod. United are a mess and terrible, Chelsea are in turmoil. West Hams season is over. When we played an important match we had no answers. Again I ask, ya’ll confident that Mikel the shitter scrub gonna get u to the promised land??

I can keep going…

1 Like

Cry moar lmaoooooo :sob::sob::sob::skull::skull::skull::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: