Southampton v Arsenal (PL)

I never thought Tavares and Lokonga would do much anyway. Lack of activity in January has been the killer. Lokonga fell out of favour from the 1st team long before that and Tavares was so bad against Forest Arteta pulled the plug on trying to make him work.

3 Likes

Of course in the summer you have more options open, that’s why I tend to focus on last summer. The whole thing about Arthur Melo in the Jan window was weird, some rumours of Edu being overruled by the board, not sure how much I can fully trust those rumours, so hoping more information eventually comes out. For example though, Ruben Neves was obviously available last summer for the right price but signing him in Jan would of course be much tougher with Wolves not far below us in the PL table at that point. Just one example, I’m not necessarily honing down on Neves.

1 Like

Since the turn of the year here are our top scorers.

The attack needs a refresh.

Nketiah —— Lacazette —— Pepe

————-—Odegaard/ESR———-

——-Xhaka——Elneny/Lokonga—-

Saka—-Gabriel—-White—-Cedric
——————-Ramsdale—————-

Nketiah is a bigger goal threat than Martinelli. He’ll score the scruffy 6 yarders that Martinelli can’t.

No matter how I feel about Pepe, the minutes Arteta has given him have been a joke.

1 Like
1 Like

Tavares is done at this club. Adios.

that is some dire reading there.

1 Like

Pepe has 92 minutes from 7 appearances and people still think he’s been given fair opportunity at Arsenal

3 Likes

Really such a shame we didn’t experiment a little at CF, I think he’d suit it more than Martinelli.

With Lacazette’s xg being in the negative numbers and since Auba was never going to play for us like he has for Barca I really don’t see what we had to lose. Worst case he bags a couple of goals to put himself in the shop window for summer

1 Like

I’m absolutely 100% certain if Pepe played at CF or got given more starts this season he’d have scored more than Lacazette

9 Likes

Pepe has 5 starts this season in the league meanwhile Martinelli barely scores, Lacazette hadn’t scored an open play goal in like 4 or 5 months and Nketiah gets given more minutes

1 Like

Saka doing his best out there. Martinelli not producing much and ESR form (if he had any) has vanished.

2 Likes

1 goal in 700 minutes and people genuinely believe Martinelli is a goal threat

3 Likes

ESR’s goalscoring form was massively unsustainable. He was scoring goals that you just don’t score frequently

2 Likes

Arteta’s choice and stubbornness when it comes to his chosen few really is a concern. Xhaka as a makeshift LB is as comparable to wearing one of those joke umbrella hats and expecting to not to get wet.

I guess Arteta is as much a nerd as @BigWeng_4LYFE and @Aussiegooner when it comes to stats, fucking dweebs.

ESR has that killer instinct though in front of goal. The injury has left him really ring rusty. If he stayed fit and kept his minutes I’m confident he’d still be our top goal scorer. Not that that’s a terriblly impressive achievement at FC Never Scores

Although that’s probably right, I would think that even Ramsdale could score more than Lacazette, who seems to have hit Werner levels of form in the PL.

In fact is their a PL striker in worse form than Lacazette?

Werner was at least getting into the positions to scuff great chances, I genuinely can’t even remember the last time I saw Lacazette take a fucking shot on. Genuinely one the deadest strikers we’ve ever had at the club

2 Likes

If that was the case Arteta would resign tomorrow and go back to being a cone boi because he would understand how shit he is.

1 Like

Before or after we drop points to Southampton?

Looking at his failures and the underlying statistics in that 2 plus year time span, if he was actually into stats as everyone seems to think, he’s fully aware of how big of a fraud he is :joy::joy::joy::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like