Southampton v Arsenal (PL)

They did in the first half. Not the second.

1 Like

Yep, a missed penalty shout, a legit Foden goal ruled out, 2 red cards they got away with and a Sterling offside called wrong.

Sounds like excuses Dave :wink:

With Laca a doubt, who do we see up top? Eddie, Martinelli or ESR.
I think it’s time for desperate measures. Our defence has turned into a shambles, we might as well go full-on attack now.

Ramsdale
Cedric, White, Gabriel, Saka
Lokonga, Xhaka
Martinelli/Pepe, Odegaard, ESR
Nketiah

Midfield ain’t much better.

It’s about as titillating as a nunnery.

Ramsdale
Cedric White Holding Gabriel
Odegaard Xhaka
Saka ESR Pepe
Whoever

1 Like

Yeah. I’m really disappointed with Odegaard, White, Gabriel and Ramsdale the past 2 games. All 4 of the them have been unusually bad. Those 4 have had claims for the captaincy recently too and in a time of need they haven’t really stepped up like you would think they would.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Why not. Give that a go.

Arteta and three at the back reminds me of last season. I’m scared.

Arteta is a stubborn bastard and is locked to his system come hell or highwater

3 Likes

We won the FA Cup playing it not only in 2020 but 2017 aswell

Problem is when that formation plays like absolute dogshit then it’s Mikel’s fault for swapping up the system.

It’s actually a trap that Wenger and Emery fell into as well when they got rattled. When your pieces are a pile of dog doo you can arrange them any way you want but ultimately all you end up with a stinking heap of dog shit. Any midfield with Xhaka in it isn’t going to be dynamic

We have very little to lose so I wouldn’t mind trying it, but those last two games weren’t lost because of formation.

2 Likes

Top film, that.

1 Like

He should go with Saka at LB or WB buit I think for the last match he actually lacked the balls to do it (wouldn’t have been the most popular move with fans).

1 Like

I honestly believe that the fans would be his last consideration on selection.
Think that’s a good thing tbh.

2 Likes

From certain spin stuff he put out last season I just picked up on a few things, but whatever it is Saka at LB is better than Xhaka or Tavares, and when you have Ode, Martinelli, Saka, ESR, you can play one out of position and not lose as much as other parts of the pitch where we have less depth.

I can’t see us getting anything from this game or indeed the next 4 games.
The international break has fucked up the teams momentum .
I hope I’m wrong but ……………

2 Likes

If Arteta starts Xhaka at left back again he should be shot at dawn.

3 Likes

I feel a bit sad that late on in the season it appears our last summer wasn’t as perfect as thought previously, with Nuno Tavares and Lokonga. We spent a lot last summer but I always said we needed 2 CM’s regardless of what happened with Xhaka, and we basically cut corners. There were suitable targets available for the right price.

Circling back to Xhaka, I make the above point because I don’t think Xhaka is disastrous at LB, although far from top level, but it is more to do with how much our CM ends up outgunned and exposed.

1 Like