Serie A

Fucking hell. :rofl:

Canā€™t believe weā€™re talking about a 23 year old Zaniolo like heā€™s some bum. Outrageous fall.

Not really all his fault. I thought heā€™d only blown out one knee but @SRCJJ reminded me heā€™s messed up both. He came back really jacked and obviously weā€™ll never know but I think the extra muscle plus the injury changed the player he could have been.

1 Like

Physically though he does look alright still. Manager had faith in him as well and stuck by him when everyone has been calling for him to be dropped.
Itā€™s a mental block I feel. He still has the ability to go on those mad runs where he breezes past 3-5 players but the final ball is usually what is lacking.

Galatasaray at 23? I dunno, guy was driving me nuts but I think heā€™s much better than that.

He had some tabloid nonsense last year too iirc, canā€™t be healthy for someone that young either.

1 Like

Come get your man @Phoebica .

Milan are in horrible form, how many points they taken since the World Cup ?

Not sure but Spurs will slap them. Told you lot before,Spurs have a real chance at the CL this season.

Napoli and Benfica are the only two teams on good form. Hopefully Madrid put another miracle together but if not, I hope Napoli do it. Will be very deserved and itā€™s about time an Italian side won the CL again.

1 Like

And I assume some of us told you to up the dosage.

2 Likes

Spursy or not they made the final 4-5 years ago.

Luck of the draw could go their way. Too many shite teams in there.

1 Like

You must be in need of some narcan because youā€™ve obviously been on some pure shit to have that kind of thought. Goddamn.

What teams in the competition do you think are genuinely better than them?

Liverpool are awful, Chelsea are awful, Milan are awful, Dortmund are Dortmund, Madrid are struggling.

Again, only teams really in-form at the minute left in the competition are Napoli and Benfica. PSG and Bayern are facing each other so one will be out next round, not that either of them has been particularly good.

I would very surprised if they got knocked out by Milan. Even a horrendous Chelsea made easy work of them. With the luck of the draw they can easily end up in the semis and after that you never know.

Itā€™s up to the 'istory of Tottnum to show up.

Depends if Leao plays. But Conte is so bad in Europe and plays such awful football that you could easily see one of their goons getting a dumb red card that effectively ends the tie in the first leg.

Fair argument but donā€™t rule out pedigree. It counts for a lot and especially bigging up a side with no domestic honours for years.

1 Like

Itā€™s a European cup competition so I donā€™t think you can bring league form into play, Benfica might be flying but put them against City or Liverpool I wouldnā€™t give them much of a chance. As much as I want Napoli to win Iā€™d say much the same.

They did top their group with PSG and Juve, thereā€™s something there. Donā€™t think theyā€™re favourites but they are a solid outfit this season.

Napoli could go far this season. With a comfortable position in the league they can offer themselves a bit if a luxury to get some extra focus on the CL in the crucial moments.

If anything, Iā€™d say they probably have a bigger chance than Spurs. And yes, there are no big favourites atm, so one of the ā€œsmallerā€ clubs could make a surprise.

Although, Iā€™ll just say Madrid are probably the favourites again, they usually turn up when the proper games start.

1 Like
3 Likes

Is he trying to brag or is he referring to the fact that they have poorly managed their finances and as a result might get relegated? Not sure if he was part of that or whether he is lamenting the work of his predecessors.

1 Like

Spurs winning the Champions League? Best laugh Iā€™ve had all day.

:arteta: :rofl: