Serie A

If Tottenham win the Champion League then it’s going to be pretty hard to argue against them being a big club, allied to their trajectory, new stadium etc.

God I hate myself :laughing:

Thank you.

1 Like

So Barzagli retires. Doesn’t get the appreciation he deserves he’s the best Italian CB from 2010 to now.

He really got better with age and from 2012-2015 I don’t think there was a better CB in the world. His positioning, consistency, concentration and classiness was unmatched. I remember this one period where he played nearly 100 games for Juventus and only got 2 yellow cards. Didn’t give away needless fouls and I don’t think I’ve seen a better defender in one on one situations than him in the last decade.

An absolute masterstroke signing. The best of the famed BBC and Juventus just haven’t replaced him.

2 Likes

My guy.

Was wondering why the avi changed. Like you said, completely unappreciated while everyone fawned over Chiellini and unbelievably, Bonucci.

Beautiful defender, and beautiful man, in the same vein as all the Italian greats.

1 Like

He was always the best of the three of them and by far the most consistent. I loved Chiellini and Bonucci had his moment too, but Barzagli was a beacon of consistency and class. An elegant defender.

CR7 has quite outrageously been named Serie A player of the year. That award had Zapata or Quagliarela written all over it.

2 Likes

Doing a Luca here… and getting a warning for it too but…

Excellent news. Can really make the Serie A race interesting now.

3 Likes

Why unbelievable? Wasn’t Bonucci really good?! (no comment on him being better than Barzagli, not confident enough in my knowledge to get into that)

Great news if true. I was worried Conte would suddenly end up at Juve again

That Juventus director and now Conte, could be the makings of a Internazionale resurgence. They’ve been blah for what feels like eons now so well overdue.

Bonucci was really good, but he was always pretty far behind both Barzagli and Chiellini in terms of defensive ability. His best quality was his playmaking as a CB. He effectively replaced Pirlo as Juventus main source of playmaking when Pirlo left.

2 Likes

Imagine if this happens. Rambo playing under José :sob:

:giroud3:

2 Likes

What do you think about Emre Can season in Juve? Imo he was pretty disappointing and should only play as a backup man but never in the starting 11.

Antonio Conte is going to be the next Internazionale manager…another manager will try and clean up the mess that club is.

1 Like

Will Conte take that job even if they don’t qualify for the Champions League though? They should get 4th, it’s in their hands, but they’re playing a team who’ll be desperate to win to avoid relegation, so you never know

1 Like

I think he took both the Juventus and Chelsea jobs whilst they were not in the Champions League.

These useless turds couldn’t beat PSV at home to qualify to the last 16 with it in their hands.

I don’t trust them to do anything. Bet they still stink even with Conte.

I bet you remember 2002 as well.

hopefully Spurs lose him, would be good if true

Final day of Serie A today. Should be good fun. Four teams vying for two Champions League spots.

There’s also a relegation battle. Fiorentina – who looked so good at the start of the season and were hanging around the European places – could actually get relegated if they lose to fellow relegation threatened team Genoa and Empoli somehow beat Inter :fearful: Their form has dropped off a cliff. Biggest collapse since the Berlin Wall!