Serge Gnabry

You discovered a new element!

Hoffenhium!

In all seriousness, you make some very good arguments… one thing I do wonder about is that things went south with us for many various reasons (injuries, etc.)… maybe the lad dreamed to play in Germany for the pinnacle of clubs and he saw a way to get back home and play regularly. I agree with you in the sense that results speak for themselves in the end - we lost out on a premier talent that we had full control over and that is on us (Wenger).

This isn’t about being a better talent. I am just trying to think realistically about the minutes Gnabry would get if he did renew his contract. Iwobi played 1463 Premier League minutes in 16/17, the equivalent of 16 games. If Gnabry stays then Iwobi’s minutes will suffer. Do you not agree?

Iwobi plays fewer games. Gnabry plays fewer games compared to if he goes Werder.

By how we treated him when he was our player. The lack of urgency in giving him a contract. Gnabry probably weighed up his options and he chose Bayern and he made the right decision for his own personal development.

Arsenal were under different management.

Wenger believes it was Bayern. Several respectable sources say it was Bayern.

“lack of urgency in giving him a contract” is it for me…

We can rationalize all we want as to why he left, but we signed the lad… we had him… we had all the advantages to make use of his great potential… and then he left… .for peanuts.

Just as we must give great credit to AW for giving so much trust to young Cesc (a nonpareil genius) and getting him to be a critical piece for years, we must acknowledge when we fail to cultivate and keep our top talents.

1 Like

This is the part that is questionable. How do we have full control of someone? The player has wants and needs too…

1 Like

Once u sign him and bring him in, you have all the advantages. Obv u aren’t going to get it right every time, but U have to point out when it doesn’t go well if u are going credit when it does.

1 Like

Yeah u have all the advantages until they decide they want to do whatever it is that they dreamed of doing. RVP said it, the little boy in him wanted to play for united. Fabregas always had Barca DNA, and Serge like most German kids want to play for Bayern. When they have that opportunity they are gonna jump at it, not much u can do if ur Arsenal or any team for that matter. If anything it was bad timing that Serge really emerged at the Olympics with only a year left on his contract. We did what we could it was a confluence of bad events and that’s all it was.

Invisible in the CL Final. Think we were justified in selling him.

11 Likes

Serge GnabFlop showing his true value this evening. The proffessor once again made the right decision. Wenger IN.

8 Likes

Congrats to the lad! Happy for him.

BIG GAME BOTTLER

He had a shit game.

Several great players didn’t do all that much in this game tbf… Gnabry has proven himself over the season(s) - he struggled in this one but so did a number of them.

1 Like

Shit game tonight but massive part of Bayern’s run to the final and them winning every game in this competition.

Congrats on becoming a Champions League winner Serge.

2 Likes

Had a Cristiano Ronaldo style tournament then, no Biggie.

Congrats big Serge.

2 Likes

Had a Cristiano Ronaldo style final, minus a penalty goal.

1 Like

Ronaldo when he remembers he has the most CL finals goals in history:

5 Likes

Due to a 120th minute penalty in a 4-1 victory that allowed him to act like it was his victory and not his team’s.

Bale is Real’s true :goat:

1 Like

Rip @abou

2 Likes

Gnabry has been massive for Bayern throughout their campaign, I’m very happy for him.

Nice from Arsenal to congratulate him:

10 Likes