Serge Gnabry

I asked about Guendouzi, Serge didn’t have the right mentality at the time much like Guendo. These guys are kids when they are bought by these big clubs some mature faster than others. I wasnt aware that Serge admitted to being immature and getting that kick up his backside of being loaned to WBA woke him up. Lolol even the player has said it…this is such a made up issue in many ppls minds it’s pretty funny.

Nurturing a young player, is not just about teaching them the skillsets, there should be mentoring and guidance included.

This is whats happening in this thread.

Serge Gnabry:

I was immature and going to WBA was a good move for me. Then I wanted to play at Bayern.

Arsenal fanatics:

NO YOU DIDNT YOU LOVED ARSENAL AND WANTED TO PLAY HERE FOREVER IT’S ARSENE’S FAULT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

okay breh :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

We are talking about Wenger here

3 Likes

Absolutely

2 Likes

Massive shame we sold him. Fucking Wenger

1 Like

What’s the discussion here? Are people blaming Arsene for Serge? Didn’t he plead with him to stay and extend his contract? Bayern got to the kid early on. Once they sweet-talked him, his head was turned.
Bayern always pulls that shit with Bundesliga and German players.

People who blame Wenger are simpletons at best and dimwits at medium best

1 Like

Wenger and his team had a whole year to renew his contract. In the Atheltic piece on Gnabry it says “he was out of contract the next year, and the club had made no serious attempts to sign him to a new deal.” It was after his performance at the Olympics that Arsenal was now more eager to extend his contract.

Does anyone think Gnabry’s career progresses if he does sign a new contract and stays at Arsenal where he’s fighting for minutes behind Alexis, Ozil, Walcott, Iwobi, Chamberlain, and Welbeck? Same thing that happened to Reine-Adelaide happens to Serge. Stagnation.

Bayern sweet-talked him by showing him a clear line of progression if he joined their programme. We loaned Serge to West Brom to play under known talent developer, Tony Pulis. Take the piss.

3 Likes

They loaned him out to Werder and Hoffenhium.
Arsene wanted him to play for Arsenal.

Alexis, Ozil, Walcott, Iwobi, Chamberlain, and Welbeck. I don’t know how and when you’d expect him to play.

What likely would have happened is Serge starts a couple of League Cup fixtures and comes off the bench a few times. What his development needed was consistent first team football. Bayern showed him the plan and then put it into action.

How do people still find so many ways to argue the same points. You have all ridden this horse into the ground. He left, he’s had a good career since, we’ve since sacked just about everyone involved in his departure. Can we move on now?

2 Likes

I thought it was a running joke on this thread now. That’s why I opened the can again :arteta:

3 Likes

It’s interesting how people claim Gnabry a bonafide talent destined to blossom and within same line of thought also believe that he would be unable to fend off the likes of Iwobi, Chamberlain, Walcott, Campbell and Welbeck.
Is he a great talent or not? If you can’t bench the likes of Welbeck, then…

Wenger is one of most youth focused coaches around and he has had previous history of giving Gnabry chances to play.

1 Like

You think Arsenal is incapable of loaning him out to likes of Werder who finished 8th in Bundesliga?

Correction - 13th before Gnabry joined.

Nelson joined Hoffenhium in 18-19 year after Gnabry joined them on loan.

So yeah please explain what is so unique about Bayerns plan for Gnabry

I’ve seen posts arguing about Arsenal 2007-08 season. It’s about what could have been and I guess that’s still of interest. I certainly prefer this type of talk to the transfer malarkey.

This is not realistic.

Gnabry played for Arsenal first-team 18 times in 4 years. He made 27 appearances for Werder in his first season there.

Did we?

How was it realistic for Iwobi?

You are comparing his time at Arsenal when he was 16-20 years old & injury prone to when he was fully fit 21 year old playing for a 13th placed Bundesliga club.

Sound logic.

Did we have him around to loan him out?

Arsenal couldn’t guarantee Gnabry first-team football here or to a Werder Bremen equivalent in WBA. His development stalled for a whole year and it wasn’t until after his exploits at the Summer Olympics that we started serious talks concerning a new contract.

Serge and his team knew he had to get first-team football. Bayern was able to provide him with two seasons Bundesliga before returning to Bayern as a first-team player. No, I don’t think Arsenal were capable of doing that.

Gnabry would have to share minutes with the players I’ve listed. It’s not realistic to think he’ll have enough game time to develop.

Iwobi didn’t have to share minutes, yet Gnabry had to?
Iwobi is a year younger than Gnabry yet managed to get 13 PL appearances(21 overall) in first team for Arsenal in 15-16 season. Was first team regular after that season.

Iwobi had the exact same set of players as competition and prevailed. So Gnabry who is a better talent than Iwobi, couldn’t have done same or better?

Can you see the flaw in your argument?

How do you know that?
Wenger was actively trying to keep him, do you think he would not have given him assurances.

We loaned out Nelson to Hoffenhium, you think we couldn’t do the same to Gnabry.

Can you make an argument without such obvious flaws in it?

Also Bayern didn’t even buy him directly. They got Werder to buy him so I don’t know how it is a clear route. That is such a huge display of doubts about his talents.