Serge Gnabry

But we coulda got a fat wedge to pay for some overpriced shite player’s wage/fee.

10 Likes

The issues with Gnabry were as follows.

Possible injury mismanagement
Loan mismanagement
Mishandling of contract

Lastly, to only play 3 games in his last 2 years as an Arsenal player. A complete fuck up by everyone at Arsenal.

3 Likes

Maybe, but it might not have been for 4 million quid If we handed things differently.

Considering our self sustainable model, with nothing owner financed fees we get for talent are kind of important.

2 Likes

I feel like they didn’t have that great of a season if Gnabry is their player of the year. Which is weird to say for a double winning team. But that says a lot about Dortmund.

3 Likes

LITERALLY EVERYONE KNEW WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIM

FUCKING FIGHT ME @AbouCuellar

5 Likes

Well, it’s nice he was their POTY but they are a pretty shitty team nowadays compared to what they used to be, they got shit on in Europe in that sham of a competition which is beyond pathetic especially this season. So to me this news is more of a how the mighty have fallen story tbh.

1 Like

@JakeyBoy many posts like this + people making fun of me for making a big deal out of Serge leaving. (That damn Chilean pest of mine-- EDIT: my god people are sensitive :flushed: ) Remember having a big argument with one of those posters quoted above and being told Ox was a better player/prospect. Not many people thought it was a good move but not many people gave a fuck and those that did were given shit for it.

Still stand by the above wholeheartedly. At the time Gnabry was struggling with weight and injury issues. So what, he got a move to a less competitive league and has won the Bundesliga with Bayern (lol). Hardly a world beater. Even Bendtner won the league at Juve.

5 Likes

Ruthless.

Did Saint Nick win player of the year for Juventus the season they won the league ?

1 Like

Dont bring PoTY into this. Lacazette won it for us and you want him sold.

1 Like

#HectorBellerinKnows

But he was also not good enough for Arsenal either. :zipper_mouth_face:

Agreed, little fatty wanted to go back to Germany he would never have worked out here.

2 Likes

Liverpool sold solanke for 4 times what we got for Gnabry.

Even if you don’t rate him, the paltry fee we got for somebody we could easily have sold for £20-30m in this market, was atrocious.

We need to stop this.

We got great talents coming through. We need to play them and test them. See if they are good enough.

If we continue to give big minutes to guys like Mkhi and Elnenny I won’t be happy

1 Like

To be fair, agree with @Castiel. If Arsenal just would have brought in another winger in '13 or '14 with Sanchez it would have mattered a lot less.

2 Likes

But he was injured

If we’d had a new shirt deal. . .

1 Like

I’d be annoyed if we sold him for 4 million quid :grimacing:

2 Likes

Eh. We could use Gnabry another theoretical winger signed in '13-14 and another after that tbh (wish we could sign Neres, love that guy). Gnabry is the best player to come from our academy since Fábregas. In no way is it ok to have lost him for 5m haha. We’re not Madrid who can just buy these players back when they come good, and take for granted that that player will want to come back because well, you’re Real Madrid.

Yeah the player of the season thing (or the fact he did it at age 23 haha), just a minor detail being looked over there… :grimacing: :rofl:

3 Likes

That loan to WBA was where we lost him. A horrible decision. It’s like loaning a Lamborghini you don’t use to a farmer.
To lose one year at that stage of his career was quite a lot. Too much, considering he alredy lost the season before because of the injury. He didn’t want to risk losing another season either fighiting to get minutes in Arsenal (wich was quite a big task realistically at that time, considering his fitness, we had Alexis etc) or risking another loan to a team that won’t use him. He knew obviously regular playing time was essential for him at that stage. I guess Wenger either didn’t share that opionion or just didn’t care enough. In the end he went to a team that suits him both with their attacking style of play (more combination play, technical etc unlike WBA of course), a team where he didn’t have to defend that much (wich was even more harder to do because he was still in the recovery process) etc etc… He got that playing time, he grew, and now he’s a Bayern star.

His talent was obvious from the start and we totally mismanaged his recovery. Wenger obviously being the first one to blame, he surely had a lot of decision power about his loans, and definitely shoud’ve known better about loaning him out to Pullis.

3 Likes