Scum

Haha I don’t remember them welcoming Conte in Spanish. Did they really do that? Brilliant.

7 Likes

They did, I remember laughing muchly at it.

I’m imagining me being pulled through A&E on a trolley in a full Arsenal kit with a cardboard trophy stuck up my arse. Should lighten the mood in the waiting room.

1 Like

Conte - “These players are selfish.”

Arteta - “I love them more than before.”

Arteta would shout at their faces behind the scenes. The media outburst is nothing but an attempt from Conte to shift blame.

1 Like

One of the real positives of this season is seeing Gary Neville in the mud time after time with so many of his shit takes getting exposed.

Conte joined on a fucking 18 month deal. Everybody knew he was going to leave after that (or before lol).

He’s never been a cup-run manager. So what, he was going to win them the league GNev?

Get more in the fucking bin.

But chin up Gary, at least United are still right in the title race and are gonna finish above Arsenal. You’ve got that at least. Twat.

17 Likes

His obliteration on Have I Got News for You is a particular highlight.

1 Like

On the football front he’s really been found wanting this season. So many dodgy predictions…

3 Likes

it makes me wonder what Conte will be saying about spurs when he leaves if this is the stuff he is coming out with when he is still there. He will absolutely bury them i reckon.

1 Like

Unless he signed some kind of non-disclosure agreement.

Conte had already turned spurs down so obviously didn’t want the job but only took it because Levy offered him stupid money after sacking Nuno.

He’s also followed several other top level managers that had similar problems with the spurs board.
So considering all this, as well as their recent poor form, he’s done well to keep them in the CL places.

It was a silly appointment because Conte was always just going to look down on them. They need a manager who’ll see them as a big job and big step in their career. They should have gone for Potter, or someone like that.

Actually, what they really should have done is not sack Poch.

4 Likes

I think that team was kind of coming to the end of its cycle. They probably could have kept Poch and reinvested.

I don’t know that they ever really spent big money when he was there and it’s weird that they didn’t trust him enough to break out the checkbook.

1 Like

The downfall started with hiring Mourinho and then following it up with Antonio Conte.
They should have brought in someone more attack-oriented to take the good work done by Pochentino to the next level.

They are back to square one now with Kane & Son slowly fading away.

I am glad they fucked up their golden era.

2 Likes

But Poch wasn’t an attacking coach.

Tbf, Poch in his last year saw down on them too.

I do think that won’t be the case when he returns though.

Any coach with the slightest ambition will find himself in opposition to the ownership that’s the main problem. Poch, Mourinho, Conte all the same issues. That Levy went out of his way for someone like Nuno (or rebounding to Mason) tells you about the kind of man he wants.

1 Like