Scum

Because it is shiny and new. The next new stadium built will be the best stadium and so on.

9 Likes

The recent Spurs dickriding is truly fascinating to watch. The turn will be even better.

2 Likes

Exactly. One Spurs mate was like, ā€œour stadium is so much better than yoursā€ and the only response is that it fucking obviously should be better than a stadium that will have been designed around the year fucking 2000 lol

6 Likes

Utterly remarkable that these cunts waltz around with this fake big dick energy.

2 league titles in their history? No major trophy in 31 years?

But yeah, they have a nice stadium and won the Audi Cup. What a big club they are.

Donā€™t know where their sense of arrogance and entitlement comes from. Baffling. Finishing above us seems to be their raison dā€™etre, and that is beyond pathetic.

3 Likes

FIFY

Itā€™s a great ground for football tbf minus the actual location

2 Likes

Weā€™re magpies, and we like the new and shiny :slight_smile:

@Bl1nk I see you bro!! :oof:

Youā€™ve gotta count the league cup as a major trophy surely ?

Not sure the Emirates ever really captured our fans tbh. Bit like going to the new wembley it quickly felt a bit secondary.

1 Like

Nope its a small time trophy. Its mostly played with the kids and reserves until the final, which says all about this Audi Cup look a like.

Generally speaking, the league cup is counted as a major honour/trophy, when pundits or whatever talk about the number of major honours a team has won. So you are right.

But personally, I am with Sol, as I have never thought of it as being a significant trophy that really counts for much, if anything. But perhaps thatā€™s because we have never won it in my time watching football so it suits me to lol.

All Iā€™ve ever really known since childhood is it being a chance for Wenger to let us see the most promising youth players and to rotate and rest his first team for the competitions that actually matter. Itā€™s probably also because Iā€™ve never known anyone to try and use a league cup win as bragging rights. At school and college particularly weā€™d gas about football in every spare moment, and I never knew anyone to put much stock in the league cup, and thats been true since then.

But technically, I concede it definitely does count as a major trophy or honour in anything approaching an ā€œofficialā€ sense.

Put it this way, Iā€™d never reassess how I feel about our season because we won the league cup if we had done badly in the league, Europe and the FA Cup. It would feel like a near irrelevance to me. If we finished below Spurs and a fan was mugging me off, I wouldnt even try to retort with a league cup win, whereas I would try to give them stick back if we had won the FA Cup or a European trophy in that season. With all that being the case, I canā€™t personally consolider it a major trophy.

2 Likes

Still it sucks that Chelsea let Tottenham win that trophy.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed. And that they won it in 99. I dont rate the trophy but it would be so much better if they had literally won nothing since their 1991 FA Cup, which was back when I was 1 years old.

2 Likes

Winning in 99 bothered me at the time (Arsenal win sweet FA, ManUre win a treble and even Spurs win a cup)

However, the only solace I took from that thereafter was that it took an Arsenal man to win them a cup. :slight_smile:

They made up for it tho in the 2015 final

Cundy made me laugh.

3 Likes

Thanks for this :joy: at least Chelsea and Arsenal fans can team up to laugh at Tottenham

I honestly thought the same but Chelsea have a really good record against Spurs I believe.

Chelsea might continue riding their luck and get something out of this game.

I donā€™t get Jamie o Hara.

Not his blind Spurs allegiances and stupidly bold predictions.

Just his existence.

1 Like