Scum

No, City are just irrelevant to most people so it’s an easy pick. Plus, they are actually the best team in the world, have been for some time.

Spurs have 2 elite forwards and a great manager, being realistic as you said, you think that Spurs team have enough in them to handle the load of playing every few days in the PL and CL? What happens if Kane and Son who have been suspect with injuries can’t handle the load?
I can’t see Kane keeping fit till 2023 playing PL and CL, followed by the WC with England.

You see us complaining about depth and we’re not even in the CL, do Spurs have the depth required?

Yep, loads of things could happen. CL is only 6-8 extra games anyway and all the top teams will be playing roughly the same amount anyway. They may struggle with the congestion but us, United and Chavs will have that same problem too.

Kane and Son might get injuries, Partey might get one too.

We obviously make predictions based on relatively likely circumstances and I’d revise mine if Spurs were to be without Kane or Son or both for an extneded period of time. Just as I would if we lost Partey or another important player.

1 Like

PL
EL / CL
FA Cup
League Cup

Every team in the top 6 is going to play roughly 50-60 games next season. There is no team that will benefit anymore than any other.

2 Likes

The key difference though is the level of the competition. Very likely we and Man Utd will have the capacity to rest players in those early European matches.

I don’t think Spurs and Chelsea can necessarily do that in the CL unless they secure 1st or 2nd early.

1 Like

We are talking 3 or 4 matches maybe as we probably play our top side in a couple of group games or at least a mix of top guys with some backups.

Spurs could probably just as easily rest one of Kane or Son and play the other too. Both guys are capable of leading the league in scoring.

They also have a better manager than us and have added some decent depth across the board.

2 Likes

(They do have the better manager, I’ve already acknowledged that. Conte can only do so much with what he has though)

Last time we were in EL we used to go pretty hard with rotation. I don’t think that will change unless we end up in an unlikely group of death.

With CL you usually have at 1-2 opponents you can’t treat lightly. I don’t see any player in the Spurs squad that isn’t a massive drop from Kane and Son(I’m a fan Kulu but he ain’t on that level yet).

My main issue with us is we need a goal scoring wide forward, another CM and potentially a Partey cover guy.

I think even with Jesus we need more attacking fire power.

Add to that, I think we struggle when we can’t play our entire first 11 and we don’t look good coming from behind.

If we address some of these things I’ll change my tune but its feeling less and less likely we make that forward signing and the stuff regarding the way we play remains to be seen.

1 Like

Ok, that’s back to Arsenal then. I don’t disagree with all that.
I want to be ruthless now as well but not to secure Top 4 but to properly challenge City and Liverpool.

I think they’ll win fuck all, as per usual.

5 Likes

Before this window we had no strikers at the club so we had to get a minimum of two which we’ve done.

We also needed a CM, a wide attacking player and LB.
So, although we bought a LB, we’re still short of a CM and LW and yet some are saying that this has been a great window but is it much better than what spurs have done?

They’ve bought Richarlison who is a decent striker to go with the best attacking partnership in the PL, Bissouma, who a lot of Arsenal supporters wanted, as well as Perisic, who is a very experienced LW or LB.

Considering they finished ahead of us last season I just don’t see how it will change, unless we pull a couple of decent quality signings out of the bag in this window.

Surely Vieira has to count as a CM. We play with a 6 and two 8s and he seems very likely to play in that 8 position and not only as a backup to Odegaard.

We’ve needed a serious CM upgrade for a few seasons.
So although Vieira has potential to become a decent CM and is good cover, we really need ready made first team quality and that’s probably why we’ve been linked with several experienced players who will make a difference straight away.
If we don’t, it means that we’re starting yet another season with Xhaka, who we’ve never finished in the top four with.

We’re also lacking goals so we have to get at least another quality attacking player.

I’ve also got Spurs finishing 3rd but think it’ll be a close 3rd and still substantially behind the top 2.

I’m still weighing up who I think will finish 4th between Us, Chelsea and United, if we sign a quality side forward and CM I’ll be backing us. But at this stage I’m probably still favouring Chelsea.

I can just see the goals issues rearing its head yet again for them

Sterling can’t carry that burden alone and there’s a decent chance he doesn’t hit the same numbers in this kind of misfiring attack, they haven’t really gone above and beyond with their forwards. It’s been basically one in and one out

Pulisic, Havertz, Werner (if he stays) and Ziyech would need to contribute big time

Yeah they could have issues in that department.

Problem is I also see issues for us unless Partey, Jesus and Saka play 35 league games as the drop off in our replacements is massive.

8 Likes

Excited for everyone to realise that Tottenham are Tottenham & they will be back to mediocrity.

It took Arsenal to collapse twice in the runup for Tottenham to somehow get 4th by 1 point.
They are not as good as many make them out to be.
Everyone will soon see. Conte will be out by Jan.

2 Likes

I am with you on this. Spuds are shit and will remain so. I am unenamoured with their signings and can easily see Conte gone by Jan.

As for majority of the forum predicting Spuds for 3rd and to finish above us this season considering our Summer business, give your head a wobble…Spuds are NOT finishing above us this season

2 Likes

There’s always one thing to consider when discussing spurs…fuck spurs.

9 Likes
16 Likes