Scum

Think you’ve uncovered the secret here

4 Likes

And his agent is an even bigger idiot.

Though, to be fair, what are his options? His chance to go City was last summer. They’ve moved on.

1 Like

No real options this summer but why not wait a year and see what United and Newcastle look like as options next summer?

1 Like

Kane is 29 in July. I’m not sure many clubs will pay £400-500k/w for a 31 year old, free agent Kane in 2 years.

Sensible thing is to stay 1 more season whilst Conte is still there, then with 1 year left on his deal in 2023, he holds all the power.

He would be a massive dumb fuck to extend at this point.

But if he stays at Spurs one more season, he will win nothing and he’s basically just living for the PL goal record. If he values success, he will force a move out but can’t see him doing that.

1 Like

Even worse!

1 Like

Levy has pulled off a masterstroke if he keeps him. And Son, tbf.

Used to hate how our better players were being reported of being unsettled even after a good season. Even More Salad has come out and said he wants to stay at Liverpool today.

1 Like

He just wants his England and PL records. He is pretty much Tottenham cheerleader.
Think too give him some leeway here he is just basically happy with his lot.

1 Like

It is some record too tbf. Didnt think I’d see Shearers record being equalled let alone beaten.

Aren’t the likes of Ian Rush and Greavsie still well ahead of Kane in terms of league goals scored?

1 Like

He’s not even on this list yet:

Don’t think it’s a given he overtakes Shearer either. Think he will need to stay relatively injury free to do it.

Playing three times a week plus a WC midseason? Think this ruins him.

Not that I’m rooting for it…

1 Like

The final in hindsight was pretty tight too.
And to add to that, City and Spurs games have a mixed record for some reason. Certainly not one sided like it is for us vs City.

Kane had his chance last summer. Really hard to find a club now that will take a risk with him. It’s not only his injury record, it’s negotiating with Spurs and Levy.
You could waste months and months of negotiations and get nowhere with them.

This was the XG map for that cup final. It was a completely pathetic showing by Spurs, even if it only finished 1-0.

You can’t convince me that Mourinho wouldn’t have given them a much better shot, even if the club was kind of a mess under his management at that point.

1 Like

:joy:

Just what every boy dreams of when they’re a kid

8 Likes

Another one in the spurs trophy cabinet then :grin:

1 Like

You fucking what now? :person_facepalming:

I think Kane breaks shearers record. What is he about 80 goals shy ? With current top players often playing well towards their mid 30s and him only being 29 I think he’ll break it.

He won’t break the the old first division one though.

Just be the premier league era leading scorer.

1 Like

Most improbable comeback lol, what a remarkable moment in Spurs’ history

Must bring back memories of their famous Audi Cup win, the spoilt bastards :arteta:

1 Like

Real Madrid might be a good fit for him.

I think Kane might be do it but its going to take him a long time and he’ll probably be kind of crap near the end yet undroppable while still chasing the record.

The trend of older players putting in such elite performances just hasn’t really translated to England so far, at least in terms of forwards. Its an insanely punishing league from a physical standpoint.

The only player aged over 30 to score more than 15 non-penalty goals in a season over the last 10 years has been Jamie Vardy, who did it once. Zlatan and Ronaldo each hit 15, but they were also generational players playing on United teams whose only tactic was feeding them in the box.
There’s really no recent equivalent of a Benzema or Lewa type season in the PL, where a forward past 30 has a genuinely world class year. Drogba had a crazy year at 31 if we’re going past the last decade but that was kind of freakish as he wasn’t even that big of a goal scorer.

2 Likes