Scum

I would definitely run onto the pitch, and then turn around to see that I was alone :slight_smile:

Conte and Paratici are a strong duo. Great ability to ID talent

If they can add extra quality in midfield, a LCB and another solid FW they will be very dangerous next season. Letā€™s hope Levy is stingy this summer

Worse thing about Conte is his domestic performances are very strong, iā€™ll be amazed if they drop out of the top 4

If Conte stays and is backed this summer I completely believe Spurs will be a title race next season and Iā€™d put money on it

Thatā€™s very plausible in my eyes and very concerning. Kane and Son are still performing at an elite level.

Conte securing CL over Arsenal will have secured him alot of believers in the dressing room and boardroom

how much

Maybe if City and Liverpool both implode due to injury crises or something but otherwise the gap is just way too big.

I am a believer in Conte but for context his 16-17 Chelsea team, which had a great season, were (1) much more talented than Spurs (2) overperformed their XG by far more than any other PL side since XG has been tracked (3) didnā€™t play in Europe (4) had an incredible health record, with basically no important players getting a significant injury all yearā€¦and I still donā€™t think that team would have beat any of Pepā€™s City squads that were really firing over the last 3-4 seasons (although they would have run them close).

2 Likes

And then what happened the season after?

Obviously there was more to it with Conteā€™s tempestuous relationship with the club and the questionable transfer dealings that summer, but I think a lot of Chelseaā€™s dip in his second season was simply that they started playing in Europe, saw their XG luck normalize, and also had a normal health record.

1 Like

And what do they have this season, in addition to the World Cup in the middle of the season?
Yep, they ainā€™t challenging for shit.
Kaneā€™s injury record about to have spicy new entries.

1 Like

Cope :woozy_face::woozy_face:

copium-copege

1 Like

Ā£100 pal

Lets play for mod status.

I think a lot of people put an asterisks next to his title win but the reality is that he won titles at Juventus and Inter with European football too. He even stayed in the title race with Inter right until the end and got to the Europa League final in his first season.

People overstate the impact European football has. These players are absolutely capable of playing 45-50 game seasons anyway.

I personally think Liverpool will be the likely drop out from the top 2.

I just rate Conte so highly that I donā€™t see any situation where he doesnā€™t have a team thatā€™s competing for honours. Iā€™d also say that with the benefit of a pre season and some serious investment in the first team squad - heā€™s likely going to smash the points total that he achieved during his 26 games this year.

Be interesting either way

1 Like

Wanna have a bet with me that Liverpool will drop from top 2 ?

Veto.

Ā£100?

Edit: thatā€™s $177 Australian dollars

Done matey. Iā€™ll go 100 quid on Liverpool to finish top 2.

1 Like

:fist_left:t3::fist_left:t3::fist_left:t3:

1 Like

Haha yeah thought it was just shy of $200.

I donā€™t think we really disagree on anything. I rate Conte very highly too. I just think Pep and to a certain degree Klopp has cracked the code for consistency in the PL over the course of a season and its a level really really hard to match.

2 Likes