Samuel Umtiti

Autocorrect :bellcry:

1 Like

Until he plays less minutes than D Suarez :laughing:

But yeah if anything it has to be an initial loan, can’t risk that kind of money on a physically shot defender.

I like Umtiti but I really think this loaning malarkey is a load of bollocks. Fine, if we’re in a tight spot in January and a quick loan deal can be put together to tide us over till the end of the season, that’s great.

It would be so Arsenal to bring Umtiti to the club in loan for a season, he plays a brilliant campaign, Raul is chuffed and signs him for £40M. We then play Bayern Munich in the Emirates Cup and Umtiti’s knees explode and he’s crocked to shit for the foreseeable.

I think if a loan with option to buy was on the table, it would make sense for a lot of reasons.

First, we can assess his fitness without the massive transfer free. If he gets a long injury, then we’ve not lost out on as much. However, if he excels, then we have the ability to sign him permanently. Secondly, a loan this season saves a lot of our budget. Might be a biggish loan fee but we can save most of our funds and spend it elsewhere.

7 Likes

Loan with option to buy for Umtiti

Buy then loan Saliba.

5D chess let’s do it.

1 Like

I see the logic in it however, it still comes down to the same thing eventually. If we were going to permanently buy him; paying a sizeable sum + big time wages. And he still remains a near broken player, no matter how good he is.

I’d rather we sign a group of young defenders and start bedding them in before we get rid of Emery.

I hear Barcelona are looking to offload him in the summer. Think we should stay far away from this one. His body is done, he sacrificed himself for France’s WC win and won’t ever be the same player again.

Still has nice anticipation though, but I think he’ll never be what he was a couple seasons ago again.

6 Likes

Seems like a Everton/West Ham signing in a couple of years.

Big name who isn’t the player he was anymore but still lures lower placed teams.

3 Likes

Experienced and a good defender. Would sooner go for Upamecano in the summer so we can build a strong CB partnership with Saliba.

New career path?

We’re sorted at the back, no thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah no thanks, guy is more crocked than Ledley King.

6 Likes

Funny how we were begging for him in the previous 2 summer windows. :rofl:

Yeah although he was actually capable of playing football 2 seasons ago, so I guess that’s the difference haha

I’m the happiest I have been with our defence for a long time.

Maybe since 2006.

I think we have joint 3rd best defence in the league, considering setup and personnel.

1. Liverpool 2. Man City 3. Leicester/Arsenal.
2 Likes

Bookmarked this one. :thinking:

1 Like

He was elite during France’s 2018 World Cup win. Great partnership with Varane.

Massive decline since. I can see him going to PSG though, he’ll pick up some of his old form in that farmers league.

2 Likes

Scored an absolute banger against Tottenham at WHL for Lyon in 12/13

A lot of people say that playing through injury in 2018 WC is what ruined him physically. Sacrificed everything in that tournament.

1 Like