Samuel Umtiti

I think you’re going overboard here, you’re assuming Gabriel and Saliba will both hit the ground running and be quality from the get go I assume ?

I think our defence now has a lot of potential, but it is still a massive work in progress.

Tierney is elite though, I think he’ll be considered the best LB in the league in 12 months.

1 Like

Tierney - Gabriel - Luiz/Saliba - AMN is a back 4 highly rated by me.

Combine that with Arteta’s Simeone junior antics and I like it a lot.

And also a lot of the other defences in the league are really bad.

Sure there will be some bad games but I don’t think many will be due to the defence mainly on balance. (Even if they will get lambasted after them).

I think it will make itself clear by the end of this coming season.

Yeah I seem to remember reading something about that. Think he played through pain / delayed surgery just for the world cup, similar to Torres in 2010. There’s a reason why no club wants to sign him anymore, despite being pretty impressive for Barca initially

1 Like

I can see him signing for Utd…they could do with a new CB to partner Maguire

1 Like

WC winner.

Jesus, forgot this bloke existed. Was an elite CB prospect about 36 months ago, starts in a WC final and look at the poor bastard now.

Have injuries ruined his career?

Those damn knees, ruining the best of players.

he would be nuts to go there he would be mullered by their fans racially (if fans ever come back)

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1674822075322712065?t=ShCFGwwFCip25yhDVMxSmA&s=19

Ruined his body for a World Cup. Can’t really blame him.