Samir Nasri

Where united a direct rival by the time RVP went.

Iā€™d say so. They were closer to winning the league than us, for sure. The 3rd place team sold their best striker to the 2nd placed team that summer. Itā€™s a real shame whatever way you look at it, unfortunately :pensive:

RVP going to United was as good an admission as anything that Wenger no longer considered us title contenders. He gave away the crown jewel of our attack to a manager who was far and away his fiercest rival in our competitive days.

5 Likes

Exactly this. I donā€™t care about Nasri. He can say and do what he wants and it wonā€™t affect me cause he was just a player who played for us for a while.

Sorry, are people suggesting Nasri isnā€™t a dickhead? Because Iā€™m not sure I can stand for that.

Wenger had clearly lost it by then and had become stubborn and complacent.
Selling our best player to Ferguson to win the PL title was bad enough but only spending a fraction of what we got on a replacement was worse.

Alternative reading of those circumstances is that the club at that point couldnā€™t afford not to make that sale.

Especially since the alternative was selling him to Juventus for Ā£1 a year.

Yeah. Juve offered a measly 8mil apparently

From a club perspective, Man City was the move. They wouldā€™ve paid more and they were reportedly willing to give him 300k a week. Astonishing.

The cunt himself wanted ManUre, which makes him a bigger cunt.

He was a chinless lesbian.

I say was because last time I saw a picture, he had many chins.

The reason I joined OA.

Genuinely though, I came here during the transfer saga and ended up joining.

1 Like

Money grabbing cunt

One of the worst exits from the club for me. Had more respect for Cashley and RVP.

1 Like

I remember him having a really good last game for us even when it was clear he was leaving.

City offered him A LOT of money. Something like Ā£100k more than we were paying him and about Ā£70k more than our new contract offer. On top of that they offered him a genuine chance to compete for trophies at a club that was investing a lot of money. Meanwhile, we were selling our top players year on year.

I think Nasri made the decision anyone in his position would.

Absolutely loved him as a player though

4 Likes

Will always respect that he never beat around the bush when he had to address his departure from Arsenal to City, unlike others.

He always said it was money driven and that City offered him a better chance at titles.

Certain others are still crying that the club actually wanted them gone and change up their stories each time.

4 Likes

Yeah but as a fan none of that really matters, he was decent at best for two years then hits a 6 month proper patch of form and immediately fucks off to the oil club.

RVP and cashley have the same case but at least they gave us something more tangible beforehand. For me Nasriā€™s exit was the worst of the lot and whatever he ended up winning doesnā€™t validate it enough for me to get over it. I accept Iā€™m being stubborn with him but it is what it is.

RVP I forgive
Cashley and nasri I can understand the moves but they still are and always will be cunts in my mind.

I see your point, but I just canā€™t quite get my head around forgiving van Persie but not Nasri.

van Persie going to Man U hurt more than any other exit since Cole went to Chelsea and the bitterness still lingers.

The reason I donā€™t hate RVP is because I think Wenger failed a generation of good players by surrounding them by utter dross.

I feel like RVP demanded more from Arsenal and when he didnā€™t get it he upped and left. We could easily have forced him out of England and sent him to Juventus and negotiated more from them. Their initial offer didnā€™t need to be the last one they made.

Wenger agreeing to sell our prized asset for Ā£25m to his biggest rival (historically) is pretty much the biggest cuck move ever.

3 Likes

At the time of the move it was probably the worst outgoing transfer ive ever experienced.

Difference for me when you look back, okay you can say we stuck with him despite injuries and we also only really got 1 full season out of him, he gave us a lot more and dragged us top top 4 almost on his own in that final season. He also went to a proper club (as much as we hate them, I respect them far more than city) and had the opportunity to work under the goat manager. I feel he deserved that PL title even if not with us.

It took a lot to get over but all 3 cases are different in my book. Cashley is actually quite understandable too when you look at what he won. It was probably more our fault than anything, but we were still in our pomp when he left so Itā€™s purely money grabbing. He also looks like a slimy prick and who cheats on Cheryl ffs.

Fact is, everyone who leaves Arsenal is a prick for doing so

Some of them are bigger pricks because of the way they leave
Some of them arent such as big pricks because of the good terms they left on

But theyre all pricks, and they all wish theyd never left once they retire.

2 Likes