Samir Nasri

All this talk of Aouar being like Nasri made me miss him.

Remember when he gave Porto a good paddling? Good times.

He was a real guy, I appreciated that over time. Even if he had a lot to say after he left. He wasn’t a fake.

2 Likes

You miss Nasri?

Of all the quality players we have lost, I miss Nasri the least.

It helped that he got exposed for being a cunt for his shenanigans in his personal life.
Also quite sure he was the reason for dressing room to be bit toxic during his time.
Fuck him.

2 Likes

He was a great player for us.

Bit of a twat but who cares if he performs on the pitch for you

1 Like

Brother. We had posters missing denilson, this is where we are today.

1 Like

I love his style of play and was for sure one of my favourite players to play for Arsenal post invincibles.

He was bossing it for us and he was only 21 to 23 during his time here.

3 Likes

If we are talking about midfielders from the banter era, I would rank

Fabregas
Santi
Ramsey
Hleb
Rosicky
Wilshere
Nasri
Arteta
Song
Coquelin
Flamini
Ceballos
Xhaka
Guendonzi
Elneny
Torreira
Diaby
Denilson

Arteta may be bit too low.

I’ll never forget the goal he scored vs Porto with me 7 or 8 rows back on level 1 :heart_eyes:.

5 Likes

Most memorable thing this guy ever done in football was bang ugly prostitutes and have his partner find out.

2 Likes

The only time I’ve ever been to watch us play united we won 2-1 thanks to two Nasri goals. Was a great day that.

10 Likes

It was such a fuck up that we lost Cesc and Nasri at the same time. With Cesc out the door we should of been doing everything to make Nasri his replacement and re-sign with us. It’s then another fuck up we didn’t get both Santi and Mata to sign to replace them the same window - both moved that window. Arsenal died abit that window

3 Likes

Nasri was more attacking and more of a forward then Aouar. Both play different positions on the pitch.

2 Likes

You’ve got Denilson way too high on that list.

1 Like

I think though Nasri played at DM/DLP at times earlier in his career too and I think he even offered to fulfil the role at Arsenal if memory serves me right

1 Like

It’s a shame we’ve never tried with as #10 and Cesc/Song behind him.

Honestly the Nasri period was such a frustrating time and I don’t look back at it with any kind of fondness. We had so much technical talent, RVP, Cesc, Nasri, Arshavin. However they all refused to be fit or on form at the same time and the minute it looked like some sort of unity was growing their heads would start turning one by one. Awful time, awful bunch of cunts.

I’m obviously not including Arshavin in this the little loveable rogue that he is.

Anyway I’m hoping Aouar is more like Santi than Nasri though the way he’s huffing at the moment looks closer to the Frenchman.

3 Likes

Yeah we never had Cesc, Nasri, Persie in same side for more than handful of games.

1 Like

What a signing that was.

It was similar to Pires basically saying “Come and sign me, Arsenal”

1 Like

This is the first signing I remember being really hyped about being a great fit for a great price after watching a little bit of Marseille.

3 Likes

I remember his signing being one of the first big Internet sagas I recall around a player we were chasing, I know there must have been others as I joined OA in 2005, but it just seemed like it went on for months and months on end. To be fair, turned out to be worth the wait. Shame he was a bellend in the end.

3 Likes