Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Bet he’s better than Kepa loooool

If nothing comes from it, yeah… but if this is part of what we need to do in order to fund Aouer and Partey (or whoever), then I think it is a gamble I’m totally on board with.

I think you also have to decide when to pull the trigger in the market and we have been so bad at it, I credit them here… value is higher than it will ever, ever be and he wants first-team football, which we can’t give him with Leno the clear #1.

GK is the one position where depth is problematic b/c of the lack of rotation, so this happens.

Really regret not keeping Martinez in the lineup and two great keepers at the club :pensive:

Brought so much security having both those guys.

I reckon Martinez chose to go once he got news he was number 2.

3 Likes

From what has been reported and stated by the two parties I don’t think he was told he was gonna be number 2 but moreso that he and Leno would have to compete. I think he would still be number 1 if he stayed. I believe if no satisfying offer came in he would be willing to stay.
Apparently, Villa guaranteed him a starting spot and offered him a great contract so he informed the club that he wanted to leave.

This kinda connects the dots regarding our chase for Raya. The club still wants 2 good goalkeepers competing so that’s why they’re willing to pay up for him.

Yeah I don’t begrudge him leaving, he’s been loyal at the club for a long time, and every player desparately wants to be playing first team football.

Besides Bale and Ozil perhaps :ozil:

Whisper it. He is the midfielder.

1 Like

Welcome legendary hero

1 Like

Needs a statue ASAP.

1 Like

COYG

He’s #13 @Bl1nk

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiu

His English is better than many Englishmen

Please don’t Rúnar season mate.

10 Likes

Leno will do that himself

v PSG - big match player

1 Like

Doesn’t look particularly impressive here to be honest :joy:

Maybe working with Inaki again will be good for him, but I doubt he’ll see much game time!

Looks like he wants to come off his line way too much. Like his ability with the ball though.

He’s been given no.13 for a reason

Him and Raya are so much alike, wtf?
Short with quick reflexes and unorthodox positioning. Plus, very comfortable with the ball.
Leno had a bit of that against West Ham, especially at some point in the second half in the second half he was 50 yards out of his goal.
Inaki trademark?