Ruben Neves

Yeah but they did so by having better quality players in nearly every position and 100% a better quality manager. Sorry bro but those aren’t good comparisons in my opinion.

Isn’t he a winger?

He could play GK he’s so talented.
Can play anywhere.

2 Likes

Let’s pull up his heat map! 🕵️‍♂️

:100:. If we end up getting him then I will support him and give him a chance, but nonetheless it’s a disappointing signing and proper small dick stuff.

1 Like

We could have, but remember we got rid of our entire scouting network last summer cuz Edu knows!

1 Like

Merely an indication that I’m not 100% taking someone’s word for it without seeing evidence presented.

People often pull out the win percentage with or without x player, ignoring all the context that tells us whether or not this is a fact we can learn anything from. What was that one posted in the ESR thread, that when he plays we’re apparently indistinguishable from Man City? I’ve seen countless stats like this presented over the years that either wilfully misrepresent the truth or accidentally do so via the ommission of context.

But I’m happy to accept the point as fact tbh, I don’t really care to argue that point, because even if it’s absolutely true it doesn’t mean that Xhaka isn’t shit and it doesn’t mean that we don’t need to get rid of him. All it means is that the general standard of our midfield is shit, just like Xhaka. It does nothing to highlight his quality.

3 Likes

They didn’t. Wasn’t called out but a few questioned his effectiveness in the Prem and clearly didn’t think he was good enough.

1 Like

I was responding to the comment “saying anyone would be an upgrade” if that was the case our results would be better without him.

I’m not a Xhaka lover, I’ll admit our ceiling is very limited with him at the heart of the midfield.

4 Likes

I’ll take a midfield 3 of Neves, Partey and Aouar

1 Like

Fair play, apologies if I misrepresented what you were saying, wasn’t done intentionally :+1:

1 Like

Surely we can be looking at a similar level player for half the price in Spain/Italy, or a better player for the rumoured price of Neves.

I’m hoping it’s like 20m for Xhaka and 25m for Neves. Not the rumoured 15m and 40m.

7 Likes

So is Neves an upgrade on Xhaka or?

This fan base will never be satisfied though. Buy a player for £20m who is floating around La Liga or Serie A, and then you’ll have fans saying “never heard of him” or “Typical Arsenal, being cheap again”.

Neves is decent anyway. You’ll all see :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I don’t dislike it entirely, I just don’t think he moves the needle for us. But I think the attacking midfield signing is of higher importance anyway.

1 Like

Perhaps. But doing this deal doesn’t mean we won’t do any other deals.

1 Like

:scream: Rather keep Xhaka :grin:

Interesting stats for him.

He’s the only player in the PL with 60+ in both tackles and assists. Squawka has him averaging nearly twice as many long passes as Xhaka. Every pass seems to be forward. Unlike Xhaka he can pass with both feet, has quick decision making, better intelligence and has decent press resistance. Wolves fans are gutted they’re probably losing him

Comparitively Bissouma is better defensively, better dribbler but doesn’t have the same range of passing.

Honestly when you think how slowly we build from the back, I think Neves would help solve that problem somewhat.

2 Likes

Isn’t Neves also famous for his 30 yard screamers?

Wonder how long it will take before we go mad from having neves and partey spraying needless 40yard passes out of play and 30yard shots into row z.