Rob Holding

With the English tax, we should get at least 20m for Holding. He has a length contract to boot. Don’t rate him at all to be honest. Shipping him out now or in the summer and bringing in Saliba would be a huge upgrade.

How’d he go ? Justify his contract extension and prove to be a reliable 3rd choice ahead of Saliba?

Saliba has to be ahead of him but still capable 4th choice ahead of likes of Mari etc. Got skinned a few times during game today, his pace is tragic when he’s up against a speedster.

1 Like

Shame his new hair can’t make him move look he’s 25 and he still runs like a 40 year old.

1 Like

Our whole left hand side was awful.
Holding, Tavares, Tierney, Patin and Martinelli with some of the worst performances all season.

1 Like

Well, he’s probably knee deep in pussy though.

Every cloud…

1 Like

Great cameo from him. That clearance in the end almost gave me a heart attack.

Back in your box you go, Benge.

The clearance ‘off-line’ was great and I’d expect that of our defenders anyway however Gabriel was a behemoth in comparison and deserved the motm and the three points.

There’s too much discourse over football now for the sake of discourse.

Our supersub.

1 Like

Honestly, I thought he was our MOTM tonight

He did have a good cameo in the last 10 minutes from what I saw. I don’t rate him, but I’m thankful for tonight’s showing.

4 Likes

He wasn’t on long enough, so was never going to win MOTM. But yeah he was a bit of a super sub, didn’t put a foot wrong in his cameo. Did exactly what we needed him to do.

Better than assisting last minute City goals I suppose. Decent 15 minutes, but with English tax we can possibly get 20m. Him and Mari need moving on. Bring back Saliba and buy another young cb and we’re cooking.

1 Like

If he keeps this up we may be able to sell him for £1

1 Like

It would be better to keep Holding as a backup

Don’t rate him at all and we can get a decent fee. For some reason Arteta rates him despite him being average on the ball and having no versatility. Maybe he just shuts up and listens to the god (Arteta in his own mind) speak?

1 Like

Of course. He’s the Bolton Baresi :blush:

As 4th choice, nobody should really have an issue with him.

Gabriel, White, Saliba (in whatever order) then Holding is good enough.

We do need one of the first three to develop into a top CB though, lot of potential but need to go on to the next tier.

7 Likes

Holding will be perfectly fine for our 4th CB. We’re already turning over the roster so quickly there’s no need to move him on.

There is value in having a 4th guy who understands the system and can do a job when called upon, gets on well with everybody in the dressing room, and doesn’t complain much if he hardly ever plays.

3 Likes

Gabriel is the one for me that could turn into that top tier CB you’re talking about, has lots of qualities.

3 Likes