Red Dead Redemption 2

I accidentally stumbled across some chantarelle mushrooms easier, I knew what they where before I’d picked them but fucking chanterelle mushrooms :joy::joy:

The level of detail is fucking brilliant.

Struggling to really get into RDR2 at the moment, did anyone else find it to be a little bit of a slow starter, or find it didnt grab then instantly?

1 Like

Yes, me. Overwhelmed at first, but after that, everytime I loaded the game up I just didn’t get into it. haven’t touched it for weeks now and I’m only at like 15%.

Because it’s such a huge, detailed game and I can only play a few hours a week. This is a game which you need to play much longer to get into the story.

1 Like

I’m still really early on in the game, I had that bar brawl and had the hostage save my life after that shootout with the other gang, and that’s about it. Maybe similarly to you, I can often only play about two/three hours a week so that might be stopping me get fully immersed.

Whereas a game like Arkham Knight is all action, I pick up the pad and I’m instantly kicking the shit out of goons, flying round the city and having a grand old time.

I probably just need to give it time :man_shrugging:

*whispers it’s because it’s overrated and people fell for the hype, you’re better off playing God of War

2 Likes

I loved the first one though, and spent so many fucking hours on it. So in my case I’m not so sure its about falling for the hype, I turned up for more of the same. Which is probably what I’m getting, or will get, but for whatever reason I’m just not feeling it yet.

1 Like

I love it but the same as some of you guys I’m lucky if I can get 3 hours a week, so slowly trundelling my way though it at a slow pace.I do sometimes find the little side missions a bit of a ball ache but generally I still really enjoy it and it’s definitely a slow burner,I read that it’s around 60 hours to complete the game.

1 Like

I urge you to stick with it. Gets really good after chapter 3.

The visuals on the X1X are incredible for this game too. Don’t think I’ve seen an open world look this good ever tbh.

At first I nearly gave up too as pace was slow, but it does pick up and gets quite good. Keep playing.

1 Like

Comes back to what I was saying about growing out of sandbox games. I liked the first one too but honestly this one got played for about ten hours then put it away. It’s all style over substance and honestly for the length of time between the two games it should be more of an evolution in the series.

The controls are clunky and the gun fights repetitive. While the world looks beautiful I found it really empty and the looting mechanics became a chore.

I decided to get Spider-Man to have a little more fun but like all sandbox games these days it’s a watered down story with shit fetch side missions. It’s like games have no rescect for people’s time anymore with all the travelling and trivial and uninspired side shit. 10 years ago I would have completed both because I hate leaving things unfinished but I’ve just went on to the free version of hitman, and man its such a better game.

3 Likes

You can play the improved version of the first game if you get the free Hitman 2 demo.

1 Like

Ive got the first Xbox One Hitman game too, so can always switch to that if I dont persist. Really enjoyed the 360 one so hoping for more of the same

1 Like

Aw that’s sweet I love all the Hitman games but this new one has really impressed me literally just playing the first mission over and over again as there are so many interesting ways to approach it.

Such a rarity in today’s gaming where usually you’d one and done a mission and in most cases be glad you never have to do it again.

1 Like

Exactly the same, played the first 3 missions and the game was so god awfully boring, haven’t touched it since November. But I’m getting old maybe that’s just what happens to you at this age.

2 Likes

For me it’s not so much about getting old as it is things are just getting repetitive. I’ve been gaming for like 25 years starting with an old hand me down C64.

In that time I’ve played countless Spider-man and western games. So I do get that some kid who’s playing this years Spider-man for the first time is going to find this game revolutionary but for older gamers who played older generation superhero games or even the Arkham series it’s incredibly derivative and while refined, a little uninspired.

RDR isn’t going to do much for me either in the same regard as it’s not a step up from the first game or the similar but vastly superior GUN.

I remember as a kid being super impressed with GTA3 as it was a huge step up from 1,2 and London. Vice City was great but from that point on it was just a reskin to the point GTA V was the first of the series I couldn’t be bothered to complete.

1 Like

Rockstar are different gravy when it comes to characters and dialogue though. It’s my favourite aspect of the game tbh.

2 Likes

Completely agree GTA V is a classic that game is so good and so is the story I’ve played it through like 3 times. The missions are so fucking great. Dood u get to torture a guy Reservoir Dogs style and u get to choose your torture tools, too fucking epic tbh :grin::grin:🖒🖒

1 Like

I found that to be one of the worst parts. Quicktime events are fucking awful

1 Like

Does anyone remember Manhunt, now that was when Rockstar was thinking out of the box.

Their characters are boring and generic as shit. You need to go to Japan for great characters, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear.

Arthur riding his boring ass horse talking some boring ass shit did nothing for me,

1 Like

Bully 2 is last chance saloon. They’ve become what they used to take the piss out of imo.

GTAV was not a patch on III, VC, SA or even IV

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised you guys weren’t into GTA V. Imo wayyy better than 4. Maybe you guys aren’t into heist or gansgter/mob movies, but GTA took so many little things from movies lile Reservoir Dogs, Goodfellas, The Godfather, Breaking Bad ect, was perfect for me. Plus the online mode is one of the best I’ve ever played. 4 man co-op heists are daannnkkk af.