Red Dead Redemption 2

No! Curious to find out what it’s like. Tell me

What are the people on this site on sometimes seriously :joy:

Easily one of the best projects in interactive entertainment ever and all there is in this thread is total misinformation and criticism?

I’m not saying it can’t have flaws but really I mean, if you can’t appreciate Red Dead what the fuck are you doing on a PlayStation/Xbox anyway?

Jesus you might as well not have a gaming section on here at all with the idiocy on display.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is outrageously good.

Red Dead Online was great fun from the first session I played. The free roam has tonnes to do, there’s genuine story content, the posse and PvP modes look pretty good too. Obviously you’ll get groups looking to take you out but that’s part of it. It’s only on a beta stage anyway.

2 Likes

Calm down fanboy, not everyone thinks how you do. Bit embarrassing how single minded you are about your opinion being correct.

Mate the entire world’s raving about this and all the independent reviews suggest it’s an amazing product. How is pointing out the oddity of the comments here being a fanboy? It’s not even arrogant I just don’t get how this weirdness happens so often on here :joy:

Re-read your post and you might see how condescending it is, and why I might react as I did. You’re acting like others are stupid cunts for not praising it to death

Haha this is brilliant - Literally every game nowadays, I only own one game and it’s Fifa 19 - literally something to play when mates are round.

And they even fucked up the 1 v 1 controls on that (spent 1 hour trying to play Alternate v Classic).

Took a week off from this game and I’m really struggling to pick it back up again. Once the amazing visuals wear off the game really is a bit boring.

The characters do nothing for me, the controls are horrendous and unresponsive and the actual game play is boring as fuck. The Witcher was far better, I enjoyed exploring that world, and I looked forward to the combat. Not to mention every cut scene was filled with direction and purpose.

I couldn’t finish gtav either and I think it’s time to accept I’ve just out grown Rockstar- they really peaked for me with gta3/vc. Ah well at least I can look forward to the last of us 2 and I hopefully won’t have to spend ninety percent of that game riding horse back through a pretty empty world.

1 Like

GTA V was a fantastic story, I still play that game to this day. RDR 2 tho, I agree I played about 5 missions, put that game away, and have had no interest in playing it again. Boring af is right.

As @Hass mentioned, it’s a great game. Online just needs a bit more content but as Rockstar have proved with GTA, it will continue to grow and be supported.

Been playing it a lot online lately with friends and had such a laugh.

2 Likes

I was kind of astonished also to see some of the reactions to it in this thread lol.

I understand the criticism of it being a little too long-winded and taking ages to get from point A to B for example, but once you unlock fast travel it’s no issue and I tend to enjoy looking at the scenery anyway.

Some of people’s complaints about stuff like shaving, hunting etc. are a bit rich imo, you don’t HAVE to shave and literally you can do it very rarely and still look normal. Hunting is also so easy, virtually anywhere you are there are animals in front of you.

My reaction to games like this is to be amazed at the detail, and not so wish it was dumbed down.

1 Like

I love it, was pissed like everyone else with the gold situation in online but story mode is perfect imo

I love that John Marston (favourite video game character ever) is in this game, hearing his voice brings back fun memories from the last installment and it’s going the same way with Arthur Morgan.

1 Like

My man played 1% of the story and thinks he has a right to an opinion :rofl:

I would genuinely love to know why other people’s opinion of the game triggers you so much?

1 Like

I find it amusing more than anything irritating. The laughter emoji is pretty genuine here. I mean if I can comfortably state The Godfather’s boring as shit after only seeing the first 3 minutes I’d expect someone who’s actually seen it to take the piss. I’m in my right to share that view just as much as they had to share their posts.

In any case if the person knows what they’re on about and actually used the product i.e. Castiel, I wouldn’t have found anything to ridicule in the first place.

1 Like

Exactly, this is why I’m generally in agreement with you here lol

Just had this error show up on my ps4 and the game shut down whilst in story mode ce-34878-0.
Have done some little research and some people are suggesting they’ve had to buy a new console wtf :joy::joy:

I’ve gotta say, I am absolutely psyched to play this when I finally get an Xbox One at Christmas

1 Like

You’re in for a treat mate, it is visually stunning.

Was in the middle of hunting with a bow & arrow and collecting pelts but the fucking thing shut off.

Dnt Eithen care for the story I am happy roaming around looking for cave paintings an Dino bones

I love the main missions but I get really into all of the collecting stuff, finding hidden locations, hunting etc stuff on games like this. I honestly get so many hours of entertainment out of ea h game I play. The Batman games, Tom Raider, Assassin’s Creed, GTA and so on. Played them all to death.

I feel like RDR2 is going to be the best example yet of me squeezing every possible drop of entertainment out of a game.