Raul Sanllehi (sacked)

1 Like

The club took one look at Barcelona last night and ‘noped’ the fuck out of there. :arteta:

11 Likes

We need to sound out Luis Campos NOW

3 Likes

I wonder if Edu had a part to play in this?

If he did, he can stay forever.

The power shiftsup top are a cause from concern. First Sven gets moved on/resigns. Then the scouts are wiped out. Now Raul, who was our key negotiator, has gone.

Who’s in charge of transfers now?

1 Like

Who made the decision to make the scouts redundant? Sven Mislintat wanted to streamline the department and was overruled by Sanllehi. So it doesn’t makes sense for Raul to come to that conclusion one year later.

Was it Don Tim Lewis?

What is going on? Is this directly linked to the Pepe deal?

Le Grove is probably on the money tbf

3 Likes

I think it may be.

There was talk about how various fees involved in the deal were quite dodgy and Raul’s way of operating is coming under scrutiny.

Tim Lewis has had his name involved in this investigation and there was suggestions he may not have liked what he saw… some shady stuff has gone on with our transfers.

This was proceeded about noises about overpaying for Pepe and all the money going on agents fees.

It makes me think there might have been some backhanders in some of these deals, where Sanllehi benefited himself

2 Likes

The timing of the sacking should tell you all you need to about the depths of Raul’s cronyism. You don’t want a guy like that handling major money in the window ahead.

The contacts approach was pure BS from the start

7 Likes

Pep be ready with a shot across the bows now. Mess everywhere. Not sure how others take over. Guilt by association.

Another day, another drama at this club.

I nearly believed Arseblog’s prank story about Willian being delayed because we ran out of photographers, as it seemed legit!

Unmitigated disaster

3 Likes

If we can somehow get Francis back, that would be a dream and we end this sorry episode with a slight win. Ideally find some good highly rated individuals to help Vinai and Edu though.

If only though :facepalm: 1 step back, 1 sloooow step forward with Kroenkes unfortunately. Fair play to them for pulling the trigger but it really shouldn’t have taken this long.

1 Like

Not sure how to feel about this. Getting rid of Raul is obviously a good thing in my eyes but replacing him with VV seems like a waste. Vinai has no footballing scouting background or extensive contacts. He was supposed to run the commercial side, right?

Maybe it’s temporary until they find someone else but I can’t help but think this leaves us with only Willian and maybe Aubameyang extending his contract. Hard to see how a new DoF gets in and up to speed to make moves before the window slams shut.

It’s a good sign that Josh and Stan wised up. So curious if we’ll ever know the full details of that Pepe deal or the Cedric one for that matter. That’s even more questionable.

2 Likes

What are the odds Raul took some of the Pepe money himself? :eyes:

1 Like

I usually don’t bother reading club statements but I’ve read this one and it has quotes from Raul. It must be a relatively amicable parting if he’s giving quotes to the social media team on his way out the door.

1 Like

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

(Sorry to sound like DDP)