Random football stuff

Think for the first time I have no complaints about the Fifpro world XI.

I’d maybe have had Casemiro instead of Kante but can’t really begrudge him that at all.

1 Like

Was Modric really that good?
Genuinely asking.

1 Like

Well, he is a sensational player but certainly not in the Ronaldo/Messi league. Granted, nobody has reached their level the past 10 years. This year was more of a charity award year, I mean, Salah won the Puskas ffs. People were craving for the opportunity to see Ronaldo and Messi miss out finally.

1 Like

Really? Then EXSPLAYN how why this joker deserves to be in

4 Likes

Lol didn’t even notice he was in there, just glanced at defence and made sure it was Ramos and Varane and assumed it would he Carvajal or Pavard.

I guess that’s one complaint.

1 Like

Fifa may finally be wising up, these would be some good changes for the game.

Agents have become a plague upon football.

4 Likes

Why do they bother with fan voting? Just like in politics it’s clear that people’s tribal views cloud their judgement :grin:

2017’s is a thing of beauty. They should have retired the trophy there and then tbh.

5 Likes

I’d be disappointed if that won goal of the month tbh.

That Salah goal was quite nice actually, not Puskas standard maybe but at least it’s a change from some nobody with a freak goal winning the award, aka Giroud :wink: he turned the fullback inside out and scored a great curled finish. Would get more hype if someone like Messi done it

Think it’s pretty hard for a Messi goal to get any hype tbh. We just expect those type of goals from him.

3 Likes

Not really, Messi had a bang average goal v Nigeria nominated for this award, simply because he’s Messi and not your average player it got hyped and nominated

It’d get more hype if it was a better goal

4 Likes

Explain how Messi got nominated for an average goal then? nevermind a beauty like Salah’s

All you’ve proved is that shit goals (comparatively) routinely get nominated for this award.

2 Likes

Turkey fans took it well in the comments… :grimacing:

2 Likes

I thought they’d done away with having one country host the Euros, hence all the multiple cities hosting the upcoming 2020 event?

1 Like

Nah it’s 2020 that’s a supposed one off.

Most of those were flukes like Ramsey vs Galatasaray.

If I was a few beers down I’d be so triggered rn

1 Like