Random football stuff

For just a second I thought Id found your twitter account @SRCJJ, but even you wouldnโ€™t dare

3 Likes

The next Messi hangs his boots before Messi.

1 Like

I remember living in Spain in 2006 and all of my Spanish classmates being Barcelona fans going absolutely nuts for him.

He was the talk of the astro pitch for a year, shame it never really materialised for him.

1 Like

He had an insane amount of goals in youth teams so the hype seemed legit.
It seemed like he found some level at Stoke before his injury.

Fm07/08 wouldnโ€™t be the same without him

Did he pat him on the head, too?

8 Likes

26 games into his managerial career. Definitely not too early for this assessment.

10 Likes

Lampard and Gerrard likely looked like what โ€œthe media wanted them to beโ€ after as many games lol.

3 Likes

Lampard id agree with as he got Derby to a playoff final. Took Gerrard a few years at Rangers till he was doing well.

1 Like

Players that have a decent spell/bit of hype that then proceed to fall off the face of the planet?

Ended up looking at Wiganโ€™s squad from 18/19, as you do, and noted they still had Callum McManaman playing for them. A player once in the public eye, peaking with his performance in the fa cup final win back in 2013. Safe to say he slots in that category of players that Iโ€™d totally forgotten about.

The backstory to looking into the Wigan squad, another player that it never happened for - Nick Powell. Was curiosity after noticing he played alongside a Windass and Iโ€™m thinking surely Dean was too old by that point forgetting his son was by this point a professional footballer.

How can you mention Wigan and forget Amir Zaki??

Also shout out to Michu and that one season with Swansea lol

Going back to Soccer AM being cancelled, itโ€™s long overdue. Donโ€™t think the format really works anymore. Didnโ€™t it used to be like 3 hours long?

Stuff like the crossbar challenge and showboat were ahead of their time. Now every cunt on YouTube is spamming shite content like this which has completely destroyed any entertainment value.

Thought Andy Goldstein was underrated even though he was only the presenter for a short while. In fact, heโ€™s just a very good broadcaster in general (despite being a biased manc a good amount of the time).

The Goldstein and Cundy show on talksport was really good value in particular, think that ended last year though.

1 Like
2 Likes

Messi is surely gonna either call it a day or go off to America in the summer. Heโ€™s just completed football now. He has the eternal adulation of his countrymen too and I feel like thatโ€™s what he wanted for years

1 Like

urgh

But dumb run ups are ok. Football administrators clueless as per usual.

8 Likes

Great shout :+1:
Those stop&go run ups should absolutely be banned.
Iโ€™m still bemused how theyโ€™re letting some penalties stand where the goallie has absolutely no chance with the taker taking a huge pause in the run up.

2 Likes

so basically stand there like a statue and at the last minute jump. Anything other than that you are in deep crap.

3 Likes