Random football stuff

Weren’t we close to signing him at one point lol

1 Like

Multiple times before he went to Barca and then again when he was out of favour there lol

EDIT:

Still a shame even though it’s best days are long gone.

Always been crap

3 Likes

How come? Falling viewer numbers?

I didn’t watch it regularly but also seemed like a bit of fun if you were into that type of thing

If you watched it 15 years ago and more recently, you’d know why.

Gone proper downhill. It’s much more stupid than fun now I find. Was a Saturday morning staple growing up.

3 Likes

Kickabout/training on a Saturday morning followed by a bit of soccer am was the routine in the late 90’s.

The constant pumping out of football content on social media probably didn’t do it’s cause any good. The sort of skits AM became known for at one point now accessible at your finger tips.

The changing of presenters by all accounts didn’t go down well. I haven’t watched it in years and couldn’t even name the current lot, but Helen Chamberlain was pretty much the face of the show in its heyday.

1 Like

Yeah, like “show boat”. No need for segments like that now with the increase in content on social media.

Yeah, she and Tim Lovejoy were peak. Max Rushden did an alright job, but once he and Helen left the show was dead.

Jimmy Bullard does it now - which should give you an idea of the route they have gone down. It’s more children’s party entertainment these days.

Tbh Jimmy is the only half decent thing remaining, it’s nowhere near the old show and I only see it every now and again, but him being a prat is the last remotely funny bit left.

It’s become a bit of a circus act rather than a football skit show.

I liked the crossbar challenge. That stupid music they played during that segment is seared into my brain.

:ooo:

It’s raining :rofl:

6 Likes

So the last they’ve seen him was with Kim’s kids?

Dude needs help

he needs more than that…a swift kick in the bollox to start.

Ireland warming up to smash France next week

1 Like

Ferguson looks real good. Very promising.

4 Likes

Any idea who it is?

edit: just seen the quotes to the tweet.

1 Like