Random football stuff

If that’s the case I suppose I’ll be waiting for my call. I’d never disrespect my brother by blackmailing him though. I’d just live off his royalties as part of his entourage. Crime done well is a ton of work and looks very stressful.

France has an issue.

Thoughts on the Richarlison showboat? Seems to have caused a bit of a stir.

I always remember Henry bringing out the tricks when a game was done.

I just don’t really see the issue with it. It’s nice to see a bit of personality and flair on the pitch sometimes so I don’t have any problems with it whatsoever.

3 Likes

Fine with the showboating, fine with the Forest player crunching him. All part of the game and all good fun for me as a viewer.

12 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Only thing wrong with it was it just being a proper shit showboat.

Now I wanna see Henry and Zinchenko go head to head in the moving kick ups challenge.

Didn’t Nani do a seal dribble during a match and get absolutely cleaned out?

1 Like

Birmingham City’s announcement video of the loan signing of a guy named Hannibal

4 Likes

He did some keepy uppies against us in a 0-4 reverse. Both Wenger and Ferguson agreed that it was disrespectful.

1 Like

Yeah, I figured it was in a loss. Nani is definitely a candidate for “football’s most punchable face” but at least it was some random piece of playground skill and not intentionally breaking someone’s leg. I generally don’t see the issue with it. Sports is supposed to be fun I guess and entertaining.

Admittedly I come at this from a North American POV where tone policing and celebration policing is rife in sports. You’ve got baseball pitchers intentionally hitting batters who admire home runs, (American) football commentators tut-tutting about touchdown celebrations. This is supposed to be entertainment ffs. There’s also, at least in baseball, a huge element of race tied into it but I won’t go there right now.

1 Like

It is infuriating when you’re there as a fan as well.

One of only 2 times I’ve been to The Swamp. Both defeats. :frowning:

1 Like

Nope…this is completely normal

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Imagine if this is what derails the French team in Qatar. Incredible.

One of the few things that has never been explained well.

SIDENOTE: Nuno Tavares did not commit a foul throw at Newcastle (the turnover led to Newcastle’s 1st goal). Completely made up call.

1 Like

They should bin this rule. Make them take it from the right place sure but other than that who cares.

2 Likes

Yeah never understood why this was called a foul throw tbh.

It’s actually pretty hard to fuck it up enough to do a foul throw. We were never winning that game though.

1 Like

I think foul throw is kinda stupid, but at school level when I played we were told that ypu couldnt throw the ball with too much of a downward, forceful motion to it, if that makes sense. I guess thats why it was called as a foul throw, though as I say I don’t think theres any need for such a rule.