Random football stuff

Hopefully.

2 Likes

I think the Souness thing was blown out of proportion.

Having said that, I don’t think Souness should be on TV any more. His opinions are from the 1970s. He offers no valid insight into the game today. “Maybe that’s a sending off in the modern game.” Yeah, he’s really unlucky that this isn’t a reconstruction of a 1970s encounter!

:facepalm:

Is this the kind of influence Ronaldo had on Portuguese football? @GC-Maniac

The guy at the end :arteta:

4 Likes
3 Likes

:-o

3 Likes

Watched this live. Penalty shoot out was bad too.
Linfield went first and they had no ball for a good minute. Lad consequently missed.

1 Like

@Bl1nk what was going on with the Utrecht fans today? I only caught a bit of the match but it looked like they paused play because of crowd issues?

Nutcases.

Utrecht v Ajax is their annual ‘cup final’. They hate Ajax. So naturally the fans always go overboard. Fireworks but also throwing beer and terrible racial slurs towards Brobbey.

Love it when Ajax comfortably win there, like today (and most seasons).

1 Like

Is that an issue in the Dutch game? Iirc ADO has some unsavory connections right? Feyenoord had that politician associated with the club too, can’t recall his name. But I always think of the Netherlands as a fairly progressive and diverse place.

It’s definitely an issue but it doesn’t always get picked up oddly. I didn’t watch the game today so I dunno how obvious the noises were. But the Ajax manager was asked about them afterwards.

We’ll have to wait and see what the Dutch FA will do about this.

ADO The Hague is a terrible club yeah, their fans are the worst.

Edit: racial slur towards Brobbey were mainly 12 year old kids. Jeez.

1 Like

Idk if that makes me feel better about how dumb we are in America or bad about the future in general. Tough call.

1 Like

Where was this is in the Pogmentary, huh?

More info in the tweet thread above

Mathias Pogba responds

Crazy dodgy story

Who knows who is telling the truth, tend to lean to the untalented brother being a useful idiot for criminals tbh