Random football stuff

6 Likes
1 Like

Wallahi the way the Somali commentators voice gave up on him was too funny.

2 Likes

Souness in trouble for a comment he shouldn’t be in trouble for.

His comment was so harmless and he was talking directly about a game he watched yet everyone wants to get up in outrage as if his comment somehow undermines the sport of football for women.

If your sport is undermined because a pundit called a match he watched a man’s game then maybe it’s the quality of product on show that you need to be concerned about not a 69 year old pundit calling a physical match “a man’s game”.

11 Likes

Good that he didn’t feel the need to tie himself up in knots apologising for it either.

8 Likes

Good, I’m glad he didn’t apologise. Got nothing to apologise for.

6 Likes

Comments aside, I’m also not liking this tendency to shit on people who enjoy the more old school aspects of football. I don’t think that’s right either. People quoting xG and all that shite are bringing much less to the table than they think.

11 Likes

He’s not in trouble though. Some people don’t like what he said and are saying so as they are free to do. There’s no indication sky are going to bin him or anything. This will be forgotten by the weekend.

1 Like

I think this is it. Chelsea v Spurs was, on the face of it, a very enjoyable game. It was perhaps more enjoyable than any game from the opening weekend last week and most, if not all, games from the women’s Euros.

1 Like

Can’t let go off the thought/joke it’ll be a faith vs science when we play Liverpool with Jesus vs Darwin up top.

2 Likes

We all know faith always wins in the end

3 Likes

Being a man of science, I don’t agree to this. But for the love of the Arsenal, I’m gonna like your post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:arteta:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Souness is an idiot and dinosaur but he’s definitely not in any trouble. People are free to call him out and I think it’s very clear he’s not going to suffer from his comments or have any second thoughts about what he said.

So why did he have to clarify his comments. Guarantee you he will be told to watch what he says in future.

3 Likes

To try calm some of the nonsense coming back at him. What harm in doing so? He didn’t apologise for it so it’s not like he faked it to keep his job or anything.

His employers may well ask him to be more careful in wording in the future too to stem future nonsense.

So basically because of the nonsense basically on social media. In the real world most didnt even notice it.

1 Like

At the end of the day his colleague, a woman, sat right next to him certainly did notice it. If I made a similar comment in front of a bunch of women at work I can guarantee I’d want to clarify what I meant. He didn’t mean any offence and no harm in him saying that.

It’s done. No one got hurt and any bridges that needed mending are mended. Nothing more to be said.

3 Likes