Random football stuff

urgh…is THIS sexism? damn.

Terrible dad joke pun tho.

1 Like

Sigh. Snowflakes nowadays

2 Likes

As a squeezer of puns where they just can’t fit, I sympathize with Gary here. When you see a partial opening you just have to go for it.

I personally don’t think it’s sexist, I’m sure he’d have said it about a man if they were wearing a bra or one of those gps thingys and nobody would have noticed. I was expecting far worse from that headline.

These are women, and lots of men will see these as “women playing football” rather than any other professional footballers for a long old time yet. There will be sexism and plenty of it going forward.

About the worst thing you could do for womens football IMO was try and take down men who were showing interest in it for stuff like this. If it becomes perceived as just another thing that “the woke brigade” and “snowflakes” argue about that’ll definitely make a large chunk of people not take it seriously.

4 Likes

I don’t think he’s a sexist, or that what he said was particularly sexist, but if I had his platform I wouldn’t have mentioned/made a joke about the moment where one of the players took their top off and was in just their bra. It’s not one of the most important or interesting things that happened on a momentous night for women’s sport, so I’d just leave it out of my tweet to avoid anyone feeling like I’m sexist and/or like I’m detracting or distracting from a fantastic night for women’s football. The last thing I’d want is getting lumped in with the “whhheeeyyyy get your tits out for the lads” contingent, or the type who only ever comment on women’s sport to disparage it.

I don’t think he deserves to be lumped in with anyone like that, I think he was just doing a pun, but I think it was mildly ill advised.

2 Likes

Could’ve just blamed it on predictive text.

2 Likes

So stupid.

Even my girlfriend and I were laughing at the fact that she was celebrating in her bra.

Tedious shit like this and their obsession with gender identity politics is the wrong stuff for the left to be focussing on.

3 Likes

Why?
It’s like a t-shirt.

Sports bras look great on fit women.
The celebration is cool.

Atleast it doesn’t look as ridiculous as this

Such a shame we never got to see him in top league. Can’t really blame him though. Zenit and that other Chinese team gave him the bag.

Someone’s been listening to ya @Stroller

8 Likes

Apparently because they pose a fire hazard.

I don’t really care for the reason, I just hope other clubs follow suit and ban these signs as well

5 Likes
1 Like

Listening to Ben Foster’s podcast and he says every player gets an 8k relocation fee whenever they transfer to a new team. Thought that was interesting :joy:

1 Like

Joel Campbell must have minted money in that case.

Think it was premier league only as he said it was written into the contracts by the PFA

1 Like

Hahaha

9 Likes

I don’t get it

Rose West was a serial killer would be my guess lol

3 Likes