Random football stuff

Maybe in his day football should have implemented a don’t beat up women rule. It might just have had a positive effect on our wider society.

6 Likes

Stan Collymore?
Dude looks like he loves a pint

Incredible footballer, though.

Biggest wasted English talent since Gazza, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Was he actually that good? I’ve heard similar sentiments about him but I caught the tail end of his career when he was already largely a spent force

What was he like?

He could have been world class but his attitude was all wrong.
When he was at Nottingham Forest it seemed all he needed was to be at a top club but when he went to Liverpool he was too inconsistent.
There would be games where he was outstanding and others where he was selfish and frustrating.

He was like that when he was a pundit on Talk Sport, he would ask a question that would ramble on with him just spouting his opinion and never get to the point.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Complete centre forward but with a bit more skill than most. Had the potential to have outshone all of Rush, Lineker, Wright and Shearer.
Such a waste and too this day I doubt any of us really ever knew what went wrong fully with him. Biggest nearly guy ever.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/VeneziaFC_EN/status/1542146796981571585

:ozil:

8 Likes

6 Likes

It doesn’t even promote the sport in a meaningful way.
When Japan hosted the world cup, it promoted the sport among the population of 127m, not even counting the trickle effect it had on countries like Korea.

Qatar’s current population is 3 million.

3 fucking million.

3 Likes

Imagine wanting to end yourself because a footballer smiled…

Zoomers are a weird lot.

A proud day for the Trialist family

5 Likes

Outstanding name for a team in a farmer’s league

3 Likes

I’m not having Marcelo over Ashley Cole

Ozil or Sneijder hmmmmm

Surprised he put Maicon in over Zanetti but I assume that’s because he used Zanetti in the DM role a lot

1 Like

Fitting Drogba is up front.

The most ‘Mourinho’ player ever.

I don’t think “he” picked that team btw.
I think GOAL just picked Mou’s best XI. And they did the same for Pep.

Decent player but don’t let this clip fool you, he was limited and not even close to being a great player lol

4 Likes

prototype player that has now become the standard norm in midfielders now. Ordinary but functional.

1 Like