Random football stuff

Stadium ban pls

Grealish shirt can I have your I have big calves too

1 Like

Postering

Who remembers this guy with the headset on the touchline :joy:

7 Likes

Fuck that fake tan poser.

Bwehehe just checked, he also got sacked from Indian Super League.

3 Likes

I remember him for that team talk he did on the pitch with Hull.

Been downhill ever since.

4 Likes

I can’t believe Southend kept him for so long. They need a top manager to get them back challenging for a PL place, where they belong.
Conte or Allegri should be high on the list of replacements for Essex biggest club.

:ozil:

That was a big injury to be fair. It certainly hurt Brazil in the semi-final but the whole farce of holding his shirt during the national anthem really didn’t help the team lol.

He was the centre of that team and was genuinely a real talent from 2013-2017. Whilst I don’t really blame him for leaving Barca the choice was completely wrong, he could’ve achieved so much more in the game instead of playing for that franchise

1 Like

Remember Tim vickery talking about this at the time.
The reasoning seemed to be he would have a better chance of winning the Ballon D’Or at PSG. It’s a very big deal in Brazil and getting out of Messi shadow would nail it.
Obviously that back fired though.

1 Like

The logic was sound, but the move killed his career tbh. Either stay at Barca and play with Messi or go to the Premier League where he would’ve be amazing.

A real shame as I think his time at Barca was slightly underrated all told. That comeback vs PSG was all Neymar and not Messi tbh

6 Likes

Agreed but south Americans have different outlooks to Europeans.
Do wonder who the next great Brazilian will be now.

1 Like

It’s upsetting as the hype around him was legit, just wish he made a better choice in 2017 and he could’ve genuinely lived up to it.

More of a follower of Argentine football so genuinely not sure who can follow him in Brazil! The reaction to their 2014 world cup defeat was a little OTT but the talent pool does seem quite dry imo…

2 Likes

PSG was just a doomed choice. I don’t think that club can shake off the mercenary mentality that plagues it.

While Messi and Ronaldo have barely been plagued by injuries, Neymar always picked up knocks at critical stages. 2014 should have been his moment but the referees in that World Cup allowed Neymar to be kicked from pillar to post. Zuniga’s challenge was a culmination. Was a free kick even given?

Was Neymar born in the wrong generation? I feel like we’d appreciate him more, the less we saw of him.

3 Likes

I think so! Either way his talent and temperament was always going to be below Messi’s and Ronaldo’s. His career is in line with Ronaldinho’s in many respects, it’s a shame that both failed to have an extended period of success

On another subject this evening on 5 Live they had a great debate about a two year world cup. Definitely sounds like UEFA and FIFA are heading to a tipping point. Wenger has definitely changed tune since his management days :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

A damn shame footballers seem incapable of playing like this now. It’s why I fell in love with the game. Why aren’t players taught or allowed to play like this anymore?

7 Likes

Wouldn’t survive academy set up now.

3 Likes

To think he was so close to joining Manchester United in 2003.

What a footballing travesty that would have been

4 Likes