Random football stuff

To put messi back in his place

2 Likes

Nothing much wrong with it tbh.

Well, it is a hat trick of course but those finishes and touches were so bad.

3 Likes

Think the first one is pretty good. Second one is a good follow up on a poor first block.
The pens a pen.
Honestly don’t see the issue with it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t score high enough on xG to impress the Twitter nerds.

Wasn’t part of an intricate pattern that was rehearsed a thousand times in the drone monitored training sessions.

2 Likes

But he does

2 Likes

Fucking hell this guy makes Sanogo look elegant and composed.

Worst hat trick of all time has to go to Kuyt against Man Utd.

All scruffy tap ins from 2 yards out lol

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=10156108649447573&_rdr

1 Like

Only the Premier League below. Arsenal 6th but closer to Leeds (12th) than they are to Liverpool (4th). Arsenal closer to Watford (20th) than they are to the top.

Really shows how far we are financially from the top. The lack of Champions League football is a killer. Not winning the Europa League in that time is failure of resources. Wenger, Emery and Arteta at least have that in common.

Is this based on the amount each player cost the club at the point of signing or is this some formula calculating estimated current value?

From the football observatory website.
“The figures were calculated on the basis of the exclusive CIES Football Observatory algorithm.”

It’s an estimate of the current squad value.

EDIT: Some Arsenal players listed valuations below. Contract length clearly has a say in their valuations.

And for ‘fun’

Bit flawed of a calculation then.

3 Likes

Ben White 15-20m :sweat_smile:

Maybe if you doubled ESR’s price

Thomas Partey has been under priced there as well

I think anything like this will always be flawed. Does the fact Sky Sports run with it make it credible? Their research has appeared in the BBC too.

From the BBC article.

@shamrockgooner finally we got our xSV, expected squad value :ooo:

1 Like

I think charts like these highlight how flawed some statistics and analysis can be. Ben White was not leaving Brighton for £15-20m therefore Ben White’s true market value is what the selling club wanted and what the buying club paid.

The same way we couldn’t convince Roma to pay more than £12m for Xhaka, so I can’t see that his value is £15-20m.

If anything, I know my way of looking at it is very simplistic but it’s just another reason I’m not always too big on things that I don’t feel are particularly easy to truly quantify.

2 Likes

Then again every Tom, Dick, and Harry knows we’ve overpaid.

1 Like