Random football stuff

Good to see Kolasinac doing well in Germany

Hang on, that’s not Kolasinac. :sweat_smile:

It’s a good League isn’t it.

1 Like

There’s a reason Nelson did so well there as a 19 year old.

1 Like

Haven’t the key workers suffered enough?

8 Likes

I wonder if they doing it like a raffle, like they did last time.

Probably going to sound horrible here. But I’m a bit sick of the term key worker now. Why are they getting free tickets for doing their job? “Key workers” are such a wide group of people as well. It’s not just doctors and nurses. They’re getting concert tickets, football tickets, Wimbledon tickets, rugby tickets. Is it going to go on for life? If so, think I might change jobs.

2 Likes

Think it’s just until the 21st June to be honest lol

Nah it’s not. I’ve seen adverts for special concerts for key workers later this year. Wimbledon is after that date as well.

I’m probably just being salty, because this last year has been tough for a lot of people. People who actually got to go to their jobs, even if it’s just a part time job in Asda got some normality in a way.

1 Like

Good luck to them

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest lol

3 Likes

Really? Oh that is weird, I figured that a lot of these low attendance events were just experiments and key workers were already vaccinated/deserve something special so that’s why they keep getting picked.

Seems silly to keep doing it after the 21st, but as with Calum I’m not too bothered as live music events etc. don’t really appeal to me and there’s no way I was ever going to queue or put in the effort needed to get tickets to Wimbledon etc.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re being horrible or salty at all. I don’t get all the love for people who are just doing their job, they chose these vocations and get paid for it not like their doing it for free. Like you said at least they got to go into work and weren’t forced to stay at home. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me, and I’m not being bitter or petty but I never clapped for the NHS, and I don’t consider anyone else who is being paid for their job a hero, when all their doing is their job. Sorry if that offends anyone.

It’s become like that annoying thing People in the US do where if someone says they are a “veteran” they have to thank them for their service.

3 Likes

Become a locksmith. They’re key workers.

2 Likes

Some workers had to see lots of people dying on a daily, work extra hours to do the best they can for other people, save peoples life. After what’s happened, its great they are getting recognition. Yeah its their job but their job was fucking horrible for like 7 months. The emotional toll on them lot has been crazy.

14 Likes

It’s a bit like with soldiers.

I do get fed up over the hero worship in society for soldiers who are literally doing their job and know exactly what they’re signing up for. However at the same time, it’s a bit of a shit job and someone has to do it so I don’t mind them getting some special recognition.

The salaries that “key workers” make are fucking terrible given the hours and stress, so I don’t mind that they get a free ticket to Wimbledon or whatever.

1 Like

Maybe there’s an argument to be had that Wimbledon, boxing bouts and the football shouldn’t be charging extortionate prices anyway…

4 Likes

I’d say society being nice to them (Key workers) is a positive and I hope to see more of it.

3 Likes

Emotional toll has been like that for everyone, let’s not act like Nurses and drs didn’t have to deal with people dying on a daily basis before Covid bro. Millions of people haven’t started dying on the streets, we aren’t experiencing the blitz. Lots of people have lost everything during this pandemic, most people weren’t even able to see their loved ones when they were dying in the hospital. This is all just more government corporate propaganda, like the massive companies who act like they give a shit by asking you donate to charity when your ordering from them.

I can’t agree with you bro.

But key workers covers such a wide field. Someone going to work at the post office is a “key worker”. The guy behind the screen at a petrol garage is a “key worker”.

And even the doctors and nurses, no one forced them to choose to do that for a living. Yes I think nurses should be paid more, and yes i’m sure at times, it’s a very hard job. But that’s exactly why I never chose to do it. I couldn’t live with the sights, even pre Covid. I’m not saying they don’t deserve any recognition, just not to hero worship level.

1 Like